Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 2, 2019 at 12:36 AM       4,751       25            
Recently @oneman123 shared some screenshots on Twitter of the Reicast (GIT) multiplatform Sega Dreamcast Emulator PS4 port currently in development by Znullptr (aka dmiller423 / Patreon page) with a Reicast PS4 Beta demonstration video showing some Rayman 2 gameplay from @DarkElementPL's YouTube Channel via Twitter. :geek:

According to the PlayStation 4 developer's Tweets below on a public release, to quote: "eta: wen it's ready, seriously though might just release the next beta the graphics issues won't be fixed without writing a gnm renderer due to complete lack of extensions in the vsh gles2 wrapper. When someone ports the linux video driver to a proper GL4+ library it will fix."

Download: reicast-beta2.pkg (33.0 MB)

Reicast Beta PS4 - Rayman 2 Gameplay

From the video's description: Headphone users: put your volume down, unless you enjoy stuttered audio

NOTE: THIS EMULATOR IS STILL IN BETA AND DOES NOT RESEMBLE THE FINAL PRODUCT Gameplay of Rayman 2 on Reicast Beta, the Dreamcast emulator!

There's big audio issues and performance isn't great, it's still amazing progress considering amount of homebrew on the PS4!

Reicast Beta PS4 Jailbreak 5.05
Reicast Beta Emulator For PS4 (Homebrew) by MasterTurkey
Reicast Centipede Ps4 5.05 work 9/10
Reicast Sega Dreamcast Emulator PS4 Port in Development, Demo Video.jpg

Comments

FalconIndestro

Contributor
Nice.
Dreamcast was a great console, but it had some flaws. I played alot with it and still have 2 (well, i have all SEGA consoles, cause i'm a collector) and a big game library for it. So it's good news for me seing a emulator of it on PS4.

Recent Articles
Shoot Test PS4 Homebrew PKG by Lapy05575948
Following his Overcome: Save the Girl Edition PS4 PKG, today PlayStation 4 developer @Lapy is back with a Shoot Test PS4 PKG on Twitter stating the following: This is not the game that I have...
Virtual Virtual Reality by Tender Claws Arrives on PS VR, VVR Trailer
Those seeking to play VR in VR may want to check out Virtual Virtual Reality by Tender Claws, which is now available for PlayStation VR alongside a PSVR launch trailer video of the comedic...
Stickman Zombie Attack PS4 Homebrew Game PKG by Med33
After a lot of work, I'm announcing Stickman Zombie Attack homebrew game PKG made with Unity for the PS4. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️ Thanks to all the beta testers @jwooh, @DEFAULTDNB and @FFTHEWINNER they helped...
Free-to-Play Action RPG Dauntless Slashes Onto PS4 Tomorrow
Reminiscent of Fortnite, the Behemoth-slaying co-op action RPG Dauntless slashes onto PS4 tomorrow, is free-to-play and offers exclusive cosmetic gear for PS Plus members. 😀 Here's more on...