Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter kikbakrelax       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

kikbakrelax

Contributor
hi i'm hoping somebody can help me or point me in the right direction i want to retrieve my saved videos on my old ps4 hdd.

i had upgraded to 1tb and after upgrade switched back old 1 to see if still doable and was so put 1tb back in and the original hdd put in storage.

i'm constantly being asked to upload a number of the gaming videos i have on the old hdd which some go back 7yrs and i have precious funny group chat moments with friends that aren't with us anymore passed away which makes my memories on that hdd even more important to me.

i'm told impossible now due to security protocol changes but i will not give up hoping there must be a way and will never give up and keep that hdd that has my great gaming past.

yes i soooo wish i had done before upgrading but when i realized i could swap out the old with the new hdd never did i think that that 1 day wouldn't be possible due to a software update i've downloaded along the way thank you sony for that my hdd with my data that i purchased is locked to ME...

Did you ever dump your PS4's HDD EAP key? If you did you can mount and read your PS4 HDD in Linux.

At the moment I dont think it is possible without your HDD EAP key. :( You could mount the HDD and see all the partitions but without the EAP key you would not be able to do anything with it.

I have no idea what that is @Leeful let alone did i dump it.. im not gonna be helping this situation much i sense with my lack of knowledge of terms etc.. :cry:

Is this what i need to try. it seems bit beyond my capabilities but i have surprised myself in the past and i am willing to do try anything i can at this point

Thank you I have accessed my old hdd and uploaded via youtube the most valuable videos i just updated old hdd with new software program in safe mode and it worked... šŸ˜ thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back