Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 28, 2017 at 9:13 PM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this year we saw the release of a 2TB Game Drive by Seagate, and recently they've announced the addition of a 4TB Game Drive which can hold 100+ PlayStation 4 games compared to 50+ for the 2TB model. ;)

The MSRP for the 2TB model STGD2000400 is $109.99 and pricing for the 4TB model STGD4000400 is $159.99, although they can be found as low as $130 at retailers according to VentureBeat.com.

To quote: "The Game Drive's USB 3.0 connection has high speed and is compatible with any generation of PS4 (System Software version 4.50 or higher). It runs off USB power, so you don’t need an extra plug.

You just plug the external drive directly into any USB port on the console – setup starts automatically and takes less than three minutes."
Seagate Launches PS4 4TB USB 3.0 Game Drive HDD for PlayStation 4.jpg

Comments

If your looking to buy this DONT Seagate is the WORST Hard Drive business EVER,.... EVERY Hard Drive I bought from Seagate broke EVERYONE, I even bought a 2TB External Drive, guess what it BROKE and I RMAd it and the RMA (new in box) opened it after 5 Mins it also Broke my friend had a 3.5" Seagate HDD in his PS3 Devkit and he Told me that's the ONLY HDD he had to replace ever!
Or maybe your just handling the hdds wrong if they broke or don’t work they would off taken them off the manufacture list as company’s wouldn’t sell faulty products.

The difference between a bad brand and a good one is 1% fail rate vs 0.1% fail rate. Meaning 99% of users don't feel it, and one of 1,000,000 user will get a hat trick.

And companies wouldn't sell faulty products... *chuckle*
Pretty sure the cause of failure for the first models of a modern-day Xbox/PS isn't the HDD.

Company's Test Proof all there Products before they ship to the shops so if any failed before shipment to shops they would off removed from the batch but unless you live in a crazy world then thinks they don't test proof then holy smokes i need to join that world too :D

Or maybe your just handling the hdds wrong if they broke or don’t work they would off taken them off the manufacture list as company’s wouldn’t sell faulty products.
I handle HDDs gently plus I have NEVER had a broken HDD that wasn't Seagate ... And I have alot of HDDs and SSDs

If your looking to buy this DONT Seagate is the WORST Hard Drive business EVER,.... EVERY Hard Drive I bought from Seagate broke EVERYONE, I even bought a 2TB External Drive, guess what it BROKE and I RMAd it and the RMA (new in box) opened it after 5 Mins it also Broke my friend had a 3.5" Seagate HDD in his PS3 Devkit and he Told me that's the ONLY HDD he had to replace ever!
You totally right i had 2 hdd-s from seagate an booth are dead, i lost my pics, movies fuc...g seagate. First after 6 monts, happiness was in the guarantee, so I got a new one who worked for another 16 months and BROKE again. At my friend same seagate 1TB 3.5 broken after 9 monts..........DON'T BUY SEAGATE

I forgot, TOSHIBA same sh....t after two monts of use 2TB External HDD 2.5

There are 12904 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to spare area. Estimated remaining lifetime: 10 days

Also Don't buy TOSHIBA

Roshiba.png

I have a 500gb seagate hdd for 10 years, and it is ok, still working .bad luck you got a faulty one.. or the quality test aren't done on that batch

Company's Test Proof all there Products before they ship to the shops so if any failed before shipment to shops they would off removed from the batch but unless you live in a crazy world then thinks they don't test proof then holy smokes i need to join that world too :D
I bought two brand new 2TB seagate last month, one works , the other one, dont even start to function, absolutly dead. Its 50-50% for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back