Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 29, 2019 at 5:19 PM       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the 'I could see that coming' department, today Sony officially announced that as of January 30th, 2020 they are shutting down their PlayStation Vue Pay TV service which ran since PS Vue's initial launch in 2015. 📺

According to Sony Interactive Entertainment Deputy President John Kodera, PlayStation fans can continue to access movie and TV content through the PlayStation Store on PS4 and via entertainment apps.

Here's their reasoning why, to quote via PS Blog: "Today we are announcing that we will shut down the PlayStation Vue service on January 30, 2020.

Unfortunately, the highly competitive Pay TV industry, with expensive content and network deals, has been slower to change than we expected. Because of this, we have decided to remain focused on our core gaming business.

PlayStation fans can continue to access movie and TV content through the PlayStation Store on PS4 and via our partnerships with top entertainment apps. With 100 million PlayStation 4s in the market today, our community continues to grow and thrive.

We will continue to deliver the best entertainment experiences across the network, along with other key gaming services, including PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus."

:question: Did anyone here use Sony's PlayStation Vue TV service, and if so will it be missed? Let us know in the comments below. 👻

Sony Axes PlayStation Vue Pay TV Service, Shuts Down January 30, 2020.jpg

Comments

Those people who did always said it was the best traditional paid tv service don't know what they were talked about. SMH! (SHAKE MY HEAD).

I am glad that I never purchased it and never will in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back