Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 22, 2018 at 10:14 PM       17      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen the Razer Raiju & Nacon Revolution and Hori Mini Wired Gamepad, and today Sony introduced the officially licensed SCUF Vantage PS4 controller for those who prefer an XBox-styled peripheral device launching in the U.S. during late summer 2018 with an image gallery HERE.

Before getting too excited, while it's currently available for pre-order at scufgaming.com or gamestop.com the wired-only (USB) model will set you back $169.95 USD (MSRP) while the wireless (Bluetooth) / wired (USB) model weighs in at a hefty $199.95 USD (MSRP)... does it come with a new videogame console for that price?! :ROFLMAO:

Here's what Scuf Gaming CEO & Founder Duncan Ironmonger has to say about it, to quote:

The Vantage incorporates new unique features that provide additional configurability and personalization for players:
  • Side-mounted right and left ‘Sax’ buttons – designed to fit the natural placement of a player’s fingers and provide additional configurability
  • Removable faceplate – makes it easy to change thumb sticks & personalize the controller
  • Advanced audio control for wired connection – a simple swipe of the audio touch bar adjusts the volume while players can keep their hands on the controller
  • Removable vibration modules – players can reduce the weight of the controller and lessen hand fatigue
Sony Introduces SCUF Vantage Officially Licensed PS4 Controller 2.jpg

In addition, the Vantage’s ergonomic shape complements a suite of configurable components. These features are modularly designed to shorten hand movements and gain performance advantages, making it easier for players to tailor the controller to their individual preferences:
  • Paddle control system with four removable back paddles
  • A quick-access remapping switch
  • Customizable thumb sticks with 3 different heights in either a concave or convex configuration
  • Adjustable Hair triggers
  • Trigger stops and extenders
  • Choice of D-pads
  • Interchangeable magnetic faceplate
* Travel case not included in wired-only model

Canadian customers can also pre-order through scufgaming.com. Both models include a suite of interchangeable parts and a high-speed braided micro-USB cable, and the wireless/wired model also includes a protection and travel case for your controller.

(The Scuf Vantage is currently being developed with the PlayStation Official Licensing Program. Some of the features or functions described may differ from the final product.)
Sony Introduces SCUF Vantage Officially Licensed PS4 Controller.jpg

Sony Introduces SCUF Vantage Officially Licensed PS4 Controller 3.jpg

Comments

That controller looks nice but that price is to high. I will have to wait for a broken one to come along.

The high price could be justified if it last for 10 years long.
An original "A" ps4 controller is crap, its ribbons are broken almost without use, buttons dont work, have to put a new film... pure crap from factory...
And im not talking yet about the hearphones from sony...

Go home Sony, you're drunk..
unless you maybe come up with a wireless PS2 for PS4 stick...then i might shell out this kinda cash. original durability of course

My guess is the only way they could reserve the rights to license was to charge this much money, but there's no logical reason to spend nearly this much on a controller that will for sure stop working and wear out in the same amount of time as a standard controller. I heard all the reasoning on why it should and will last longer.. but it wont and your extra buttons that attach and come off in the back, you WILL loose them or break them mark my words.

This is a pointless en devour obviously years late, but also insulting to everyone else who remains a valued Sony customer. Sony seriously i know you dont troll the forums looking for advice, but i advise you to stop selling the license to companies to create these controllers because it just aggravates your customer base towards you, this company wont hear any of it, but you will...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back