Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 17, 2017 at 1:47 AM       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many may remember when the PS3 first launched on November 11, 2006 in Japan, November 17, 2006 in the US and March 23, 2007 in Europe... as they say all good things must come to an end, and recently Sony's Japanese Page announced via Hachima Kikou that they are ceasing production of the PlayStation 3 console in Japan soon. :cry:

To quote from DualShockers.com on the news: "Sony updated the official page of the console with a mention that production is going to end soon in the country.

While there is no information currently for the western market, it's likely that the console will be discontinue soon on this side of the ocean as well. We'll keep you posted if we learn anything relevant on the topic."
Rough translation: It is Denpa. March 2017. This means that PS3 will be shipped this month. In other words, it means production ended. Ten years have passed since it was released on November 11, 2006. I never thought that I would do my best at working as active for such a long time. Anyway, thanks for your effort!

:arrow: Update: We knew it was coming, looks like it's official now... to quote from Gematsu.com:

PlayStation 3 production has ended in Japan, the official Japanese PlayStation website revealed. The page for the 500 gigabyte standard model, the only remaining PlayStation 3 model in production in Japan, lists shipments as “ended.”

PlayStation 3 first launched in November 2006.
Sony to End PlayStation 3 Console Production in Japan Soon.png

Comments

I still play my PS2,Wii,PS1,DSi more than my PS3 or PS4, the last time i turned on my PS4 was 3 months ago (3.55 fw)

Ps3 is doing it well all around the planet as a console, but game developers wont work or invest on it anymore. Ps4 development costs are the reason. Game industry its close to commit suicide.

Anyway, with thousands of games to play, i think PS3 have one more year of life on some places of the planet (to be manufactured).

Anyway 2, there are millions of consoles to re-sell for years in the future.

Dont know why, but i still enjoy my ps3 and hate my ps4s...

I still love PS3 and PS4. BOTH! Something's wrong with you. :p

Big question is how much longer will The PS3 free online service will stay alive? And I do hope No More Updates plz

And I do agree PS3 super slim is total garbage

We knew it was coming, looks like it's official now... to quote from Gematsu.com:

PlayStation 3 production has ended in Japan, the official Japanese PlayStation website revealed. The page for the 500 gigabyte standard model, the only remaining PlayStation 3 model in production in Japan, lists shipments as “ended.”

PlayStation 3 first launched in November 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back