Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 24, 2019 at 9:05 PM       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we saw The Last of Us Part II PS4 Reveal Trailer Video at Sony's PlayStation State of Play conference, today Naughty Dog announced an update on The Last of Us Part II confirming it will now hit PlayStation 4 on May 29, 2020. :giggle:

Previously the PS4 release date was slated for February 21, 2020, and below is what the game's director Neil Druckmann had to say on The Last of Us Part 2 delay, to quote:

"I know. It was just about a month ago when we had our big blowout for the game, letting media play over two hours of it along with debuting our new story trailer and revealing the release date.

The positive response we saw from our community was overwhelming. You can feel the energy among the team members. After working on something for so many years, it’s invigorating to get a glimpse of validation for all the hard work.

However, it was during the last few weeks, as we were closing out sections of the game, that we realized we simply didn’t have enough time to bring the entire game up to a level of polish we would call Naughty Dog quality.

At this point we were faced with two options: compromise parts of the game or get more time. We went with the latter, and this new release date allows us to finish everything to our level of satisfaction while also reducing stress on the team.

While we’re relieved that we won’t have to compromise our vision, we’re disappointed that we weren’t able to avoid this exact situation. We wish we could’ve foreseen the amount of polish we needed, but the size and scope of this game got the better of us. We hate disappointing our fans and for that we’re sorry.

We hope you understand that this additional time ensures that The Last of Us Part II lives up to our collective ambition as well as our commitment to the highest level of quality.

We know the extra few months will add to what may already be an excruciating wait for all of us. We are grateful for your patience and continued support. Come next May, you will finally rejoin Ellie in The Last of Us Part II."

:idea: In anticipation of the next chapter of Naughty Dog’s epic adventure in The Last of Us Part II, now is your time to jump into in The Last of Us Remastered!

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 - From The Beginning
The Last of Us Part II Update, Hits PlayStation 4 on May 29, 2020.jpg

Comments

what to buy PS4 version or PS5 version, i guess i go with ps5 version since this console have better graphics and looking forward for backup version for ps4

I personally can't wait another 4-5 months on top of release date for the ps5 version. Way too long. I've wanted this sequel since playing the original on launch day ps3. And by the time this comes out it will be a full 7 years!!

This literately is the biggest playstation exclusive that I've been waiting for all generation and I will be updating for this game lol.

My plan is to finish my backlog of Sony Exclusives by may 29th... as I have a pc anyway so the multiplats don't matter to me... then after ps5 launches should get new kexploit and I can get all those games back but as long as I play them already now I won't feel like I've lost a lot...

So with this delay ...I suspect this will surely delay any chance of a late march exploit ....So I estimate a summer time 2020 :rolleyes: release now.

Best Regards,

I would say even further than that.... rumour has it internally GOT has been pushed back to late 2020 and will probably release on launch day of the ps5 but for both platforms would be my guess.

That's the final exclusive game the ps4 is going to get so I'm thinking kexploit is more like Christmas 2020 or early 2021. Maybe when we get 8.xx firmware 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back