Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

Hi and thanks for your payload. I have a question: how can I just use USB HDD for new games and keep all my "old" games in internal HDD ?

I have tried with "CHECK_USB" and "MODE_MOVE" but nothing appens :(

Thank you.

@padschuko perhaps it needs a Y-cable for power (if its not mains powered)? To rule out any power issues.

I know seagate offer tools for preventing hdd sleep timer triggering, but I would assume you need to find Intenso equivalent or a generic tool to work on your hdd settings.

This used to be a common problem for users of nintendont on wii back in the day, sounds like a similar issue.

@DEFAULTDNB thanks for you response. I was hoping that there is some trick the ps4 writes continuously little data to the ext. hdd to prevent going to sleeping mode. Maybe there will be something later, cause I think many other guys have the same issues...

Got it figured out in literally 4 minutes this morning but of course I have to head to work now..... so tonight will be the big transfer :)

Anyways i started the app and was getting 1 to 2 MB/s.....changed the tv over to my movie hard drive and then came back to the ps4 to see how it was doing. AS SOON as i did that the ps4 restarted??? so i thought well, might as well take this opportunity and see what it looks like on the PC. Computer cant read the drive now.

Went back to the ps4.....plugged in the drive again ....resent payload... it starts its copying (i guess from the beginning as i couldn't see the drive on the PC or see where the ps4 was at before it restarted??) So once plugged in...it started copying something at 1 or 2 MB/s...

So I did what @stooged suggested an simply unplug the drive and then plug back in....seems to be getting about 8MB/sec. It's weird there is no progress window etc...just every 20 seconds or so ---up pops a small window saying "copying user/app/xxxx/app.pkg 4% completed speed 8MB/s" (for example)

I thought it was updated to show a progress bar etc?? Currently the way it is , you can see what game is being copied or the speed?? Only just about 20 seconds pops up a small window with name and speed. I'm kind of afraid to change teh input source on the tv again incase the ps4 restarts

---BAMMMM as im writing this the ps4 just shut off :( and yes the ps4 power settings are all set to "do not shut off"

sighs... does it resume from where it left off atleast.

It was transferring for almost 20 minutes so I thought I'd watch a movie.... switched back to the ps4 after the movie and it's still transferring but the speed was back down to 1 or 2MB/s

@stripnwild

The message every 20 seconds is how it works.

What firmware are you on?.
On my 4.55 slim it will do 57mbps and it never shuts down.
8mbps is very slow, is the drive exfat formatted in windows?.

The shutdown sounds like a panic to me.

I'm on 4.55
It's been transferring for about 45min roughly.

I had formatted it on the computer to exFAT.
....last check on the speed was staying at 2MB. Shrugs

Oh....btw.....I thought I'd be able to view the hard drive if it was on the pc? Because I plugged mine back into the pc after the ps4 shut off that one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back