Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

if you are using the newest apptousb payload you need to put the icons in the PS4/CUSAXXXXX folders and the payload will transfer them to the system

if you don't the payload will put the original icons that are on the usb hdd back onto the system the next time you run it.

or you need to uncomment //DISABLE_META in the ini file to disable the payload from processing the app icons.

i noticed that the APPtoUSB js is now included on the 4.55 exploit page!!

Which is great... But when i launch that js it doesn't work.... (just keep getting "out of memory" error -tried 5 or 6 times in a row) But if i use netcat and just inject the bin then it works fine

@stooged If I wanted to update just covers for some games can I simply put a USB key in with the icon0.png in PS4 ---- CUSAxxxxx folders?

I guess I'd have put the .ini file in the PS4 folder also but would I also have to un comment the games (so it doesn't try to install them on my USB key). Like this:

CHECK_USB (not //CHECK_USB)
RENAME_APP. (removing // because I'm not renaming)
//DISABLE_META (this is the one I leave untouched right?)
IGNORE_UPDATES
And
MODE_MOVE (remove the // because I want all games ignored)

BUT do I also then have to list every game installed on my external???

I.e.
CUSA00025
CUSA00076
Etc...all the way to the bottom (all games)

To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.

//MODE_MOVE

When MODE_MOVE is commented, it will transfer all your games to external hdd except the games you listed..

On the other hand, it will ignore all games except the games you listed..

So what is the best way to move game covers over to external ....actually it won't work. Never mind. I just realized...id have my USB key in the USB port......and get to copy them over, but I'd have to unplug it and plug in the USB external HD (where the games are installed) at the same time :p

I'd simply plug in my external HD to the computer, but the pc seems to have a hard time reading it. I can try ftp maybe - although I don't know if I'll be able to 'see' the USB drive

Note I did at one point manage to get the external USB HD to be visible on the pc, and I moved a couple games' icon0.png into PS4--CUSA00000 but only a few worked and the others either maintained their orignal .png or a generic controller icon?

when you move the games to the usb hdd the icon0 and other png files are copied to the usb hdd and put in the PS4\CUSAXXXXX folders.

if you edit the icon0 files on the usb hdd and just run the payload again it will detect the change and copy the edited icon0 onto the system hdd.

just switched to V2 of @pearlxcore exploit via esp, also endgamers as well. was wondering why my packages in the root of my usb are getting deleted after running app2usb.. didnt before.. had everything set up for the "quick transfer" method but now my "install pkgs" (located in the root) are being deleted. i already have pkgs in the PS4 folder as well (via title id per folder)
thanX in advance

@barelynotlegal

I will take a guess here and say you uncommented CHECK_USB?.

The pkg files are being deleted they are being moved to the ps4/cusaxxxxx folders.

From the ini file...
Code:
To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below.
but remember this will move the pkg from the root directory to the PS4 folder.
//CHECK_USB
You only uncomment that when you want to have the pkg files moved from the root of the usb drive to the cusa folders to save copying them from the ps4 internal drive.

Hello all. Ive been reading all 52 sections of this thread but i still have a few questions :)

I get my brand new PS4 pro in a few days, but the USB HDD is allready set up for action :)

I have put all my game pkgs in the root of the usb ready to be installed. I have made the PS4 folder with all the CUSAXXXXX folders in it. I copied all root pkgs to the right folders in the PS4 folder and renamed them to app.pkg. I did this after watching moodedwarfares video, didnt know there was a newer update that could move the files :)

So if i understand this correctly this is what i do:

//Checkusb: I leave this commented like this to avoid having root pkgs moved, because there is allready a copy of the pgs in the PS4/CUSAXXXXX folders right?

//mode_move: I leave this uncommented because i want all my games moved to the external right?

Later on when i get more games, and have it checkusb and move the pkg to the PS4/CUSAXXXXX folder, do i then need to make the folder myself in PS4, or will the program do this for me?

Thanks for a beautiful App Stooged :)

Can anyone tell me where to get the NetcatGUI? I need this to inject the AppToUsb into my Exploit host by Al Azif that i have running on my computer right?

Or would it maybe be more wise to delete all my CUSAXXXXX folders and pkg files in The ps4 folder and have apptousb make them for me?

Hey guys,
I wanted to know : is it possible to unplug the ex. Hdd when the console is running for example if i have 2 ex.
Thanx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back