Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter koyi       203      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what we can do? We can use inject edat from trueancestor? I'm really deseperate i see the scene really dead is like ps3 is dying and we are doing nothing for the scene, we dont know how to bypass firmware or how to install games on our ps3 ofw

Ps3 firmware is programmed by humans and here can be errors but we arent approaching it.

Hello guys!

I have a PS3 super-slim (CECH4004A) running on OFW 4.81. For the past 2 weeks i've been trying to get backups running on it.

Sadly i don't have a CFW donor console that i could use for the DTU method and right now i can't spend the money to get an ODE (and im not even sure that there is one for my 4004A/OFW4.81).

My only hope is trying to get converted backups up and running on my PS3. The only game that i was able to get running was Afro Samurai (BLUS30264) that i got from that Russian forum that's mentioned in the Heavy Rain / Older LIC.DAT guide.

I would like to ask for you help to determine if im doing something wrong during the backup injection or its my console/game's problem.

My way of doing the backup injection:

1. I get my clean backup data (I've been using the same backup for all my testing.)
2. I get the PS3_GAME folder and set the PARAM.SFO to HG mode
3. I run it through either PS3GameConvert_v0.91 or CFW2OFW v5
4. I grab the updates for the said game
5. I copy the output folders+update PKGs to their respective folder in TrueAncestor BACKUP Retailer v2.20
6. I restore the backup on my PS3 and try testing the restored games that usually end up asking for the disc even though i've set it to HG mode previously or end up with different unique errors (Hanging the console or the game freezes after its loaded from the XMB and sometimes i just get kicked back to the XMB)

(I am aware of the fact that some games require "exclusive methods")

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How many folders did you put in while injecting and what were those?

Hey guys!

I have a PS3 Super Slim model which can't be downgraded so I successfully injected 2 games: Call of Duty Black Ops III and Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Z. These two just wouldn't run. It would ask me to renew my license from PlayStation Store. After researching on this, I created .edat files for the games and tried again but it still would say the same.

-------
Details
-------
. 4.81 OFW.
. Backup/Restore injecting method using PexPloit Lite and some others also like True Ancestor Backup Retailer.
. Games downloaded from PsnStuff.
. edats created using EDAT rebuilder software, PsnStuff and some R2R tool.

Do all game need their licenses renewed? If not give a list which don't.

Also do I have to use a game converter? If yes, please suggest me one with a link for download. Need quick reply please.

Could some please give me the PROPER method of injecting PS3 games on OFW 4.81. There are so many ways and many different tools. Sometimes some people say that injected games only run if you are on 4.71 and below because License.edat can't be transferred on 4.81 and some people say that they do work.

Please, would someone give me a nice STEP TO STEP guide on how to INJECT GAMES and RUN THEM SUCCESSFULLY ON 4.81 OFW with all download links of the tools I'll be needing. If not possible to run them on 4.81 OFW because of Lic.edat problem please tell me.

It would be very kind of you...! THANKS.

Peace out.

The backup injection method is for Disc games, not PSN games. Also it doesn't work on OFW above 4.70 apart from certain older games. I would have thought this would be specified in whatever tutorial you are following.

On anything above 4.70 you need to use the DTU method. That is data transferring games from another PS3 that is on CFW. Only certain older games from before around 2010-2011 will work using backup injection on >4.70

So I can't do anything on this PS3 Super Slim Model?
I have to buy games?
If you know anyone with a PS3 on CFW then you can DTU from that. Or you could do the backup injection using the older games that it works with, limited number of games though and no new ones will work.

Other than that yes you will need to buy your games. Personally I would sell it and buy one that can have or is already on CFW.

If you know anyone with a PS3 on CFW then you can DTU from that. Or you could do the backup injection using the older games that it works with, limited number of games though and no new ones will work.

Other than that yes you will need to buy your games. Personally I would sell it and buy one that can have or is already on CFW.
Could you give on a guide on how to do the backup injection using older games and a list which tells me which games work with this method? Would Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit work?

A small list is HERE, with a guide to getting one game working HERE for example. ;)

The thread you're in now is where everything on 4.81 OFW without a second console on CFW will be posted / merged, but overall compatibility is limited unfortunately so most stuck in this situation end up getting a downgradeable / jailbreakable PS3 model.

Hi guys I need help I injected a few games on my ps3 4.81 and it all worked and some of the games were full games that needed no .rap or edat and they all worked but now im trying to inject games that need .rap files so how do I fix that problem

I heard that I need to get an eboot from an update of the game does that fix the problem and thanks in advance for any help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back