Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter 8MM       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

8MM

Contributor
Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my jailbroken PS4 Pro's hard drive and wondering what drives people recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If you are asking for recommended brands I honestly think it has no great importance. Stock PS4 HDDs are basic and cheap, they are in no way beasts with mindblowing abilities.

I upgraded mine with a 'standard' WD 2TB, and beside the almost doubled capacity I didn't notice any other change. No reading speed improvement. It is just working exactly as flawlessly as the stock one... (Toshiba 1TB)

You should also check this topic with very valuable informations.

You can also upgrade to a faster 7200 RPM SATA II hard drive.

A newer SATA III drive will work fine in PS4, but you won't get a speed benefit as it'll operate at SATA II speeds.. if I'm remembering right.

Size of capacity is the main thing I'd go for depending on how many games you plan to have installed, at least > 1TB. I Like samsung and seagate personally.

don't use hdd use SSD for your jailbroken ps4, with SSD you don't need to wait couple of minutes to apply the hen, and it also improve your ps4 gameplay, and it reduce waiting time for the game to load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back