Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Blade       Start date Feb 13, 2017 at 9:12 PM       25      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following my Splinter Cell: Blacklist PS3 OFW BD Mirror FIX Guide I have another thing to share... I wrote a little Windows script called BladeMenu which is a simple batch script to toggle between "preconfigured Static IP & DNS" and "Dynamically" followed by Version 2 linked below.

Download: Blade_PS3_Menu_clean.rar / Blade_PS3_Menu_admin.rar / BladeMenu Version 2

Purpose: With this settings and a direct LAN connection between PC & PS3, you can get full speed with FTP-transfer. There is a small brainfart goin on up there, because I'm getting speeds over 15MB/s and to my knowledge the PS3's ethernetport is a 100MBit port resulting in a 12,5MB/s transfer rate, but hey better too fast than too slow :p

Never the less: its a hassle to switch between those settings every time - manually. Thats why I wrote the script including instructions for PS3 incase one forgets ^^:

blademenu.png

blademenu2.png

Version 2
blademenuv2_1.png

blademenuv2_2.png

There are two versions of my script:

1) Clean one: Need to be run as admin (i.e. with a shortcut)
2) Admin: Ask for admin itself (the first 20 lines of code are NOT mine, they ask for admin)

You need to modify the name to YOUR connection name:

Clean-Script: line 3
Admin-Script: line 23

Code:
SET lanname=LAN-Verbindung
BladeMenu PS3 PC Toggle Windows Static IP DNS Script by Blade.jpg

Comments

It would probably help if people asked specific questions where they're stuck, as much of this differs depending on each person's setup. :confused:

all i did was changed the numbers for people with 192.168.1.xxx
OMG you seriosly dont get it...

Why would anyone set their IP manually to 192.x if it gets automatically assinged to 192?
XD These young bloods these dayz XD

Also what about the people on 192.168.2.X?
And 192.168.0.X??
And 192.168.178.X? (before you start the next "useless" discussion: Fritz!Box-Routers use that strange range, dont ask me why XD)

Im sure anybody out there can put in their IPs if they want. Please go read that tutorial link I posted, why to use the 10.X in the first place. Then you will see this has nothing to do with your normal homenetwork or Internetconnection, and realize that this is for a single 1-to-1 isolated highspeed connection. @PSXHAX Better link that tut in OP...

@PSXHAX What do you think about this one:

Tired of managing all your OFW-converted games?
Cant remember which game-id belongs to which game?
Too much clicking to get the GameIcon or Title?
gamelist.png
gamelist2.png

A little something that automatically scans the folder and list your OFW-games:
BladeList:
bladelist.png

Yes, I know I could organize them in seperate folders for each game, but imagine that feeling, where you know you have to copy about 50games from USB via mm-Filemanager and have to go in each game-folder seperately instead of copying everything.

Just created it as a quick idea. What do you think about it @PSXHAX ?

it for OFW ????

who can write tuto for this

1st) This is for CFW users ONLY
2nd) This makes it easer to use THIS TUTORIAL on which this idea is based on.

Normally you would set your IPs manually on BOTH: PS3 and PC.

Normally your PS3 and PC are connected to your homenetwork [192.168.X.X] (this is the part where @LightningMods got lost :p), commonly thats a network with internet connection. If you start an FTP transfer from PC to PC3, you will get 2-5MB/s transferrate. You can imagine how long it takes to transfer some games...

In the tutorial I linked it is described how to get FULL speed 12,5MB/s (and strangely even more). To get that speed, one have to DISCONNECT both PC and PS3 from your homenetwork (@LightningMods plz stay with me this time :p) and connect both directly together. PC-LANCABLE-PS3 Like an "Ad-hoc" connection.

Now with both connected together there is no router giving them the right IP. Therefore you have to set your IPs to STATIC, MANUALLY.

In that tutorial I linked all the settings are described, but you have to switch the IP back after you are finish with transfering files. (yes @LightningMods back to 192.X :p) But we dont need to set them manually, we just need to tell, to get them automatically/dynamically. Then you can connect both devices back to your homenetwork.

BUT the next time you want to copy anything via FTP, you need to search for them damn static ip settings and put all numbers in manually (because our genius of windows cant remember the static values when you switch to dynamic).

This script only eases the PC part while displaying/reminding you which setting you have to use for your PS3.

I hope everything is clear now.

It's for the PC, but could be used in conjunction with a PS3 on CFW or OFW.
Sorry master, there is no FTP-Service on OFW available for us public...
So CFW only...

Sir u have done a great job. But plz tell me will this work on ps3 ofw as we are fed up with data transfer utility
1st) This is for CFW users ONLY
But it helps you in the process of data transfer utility as you might want to copy the folders directly from PC to PS3-CFW instead of using the "PC->USB; USB->PS3-CFW"-way.

But either way you still need to data transfer to get your things on OFW
where can i find the lan name on pc?

@PSXHAX Hey cant edit the OP anymore.

So I just post my V2 here:

Download: Blade_PS3_MenuV2_clean.rar / Blade_PS3_MenuV2_admin.rar
blademenuv2_1.png

blademenuv2_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back