downgradable PS3 models and PS3 CFW FAQ with no luck, and decided to try one of the more recent PS3 Data Transfer Utility (DTU) / Backup Injection / Conversion methods.
Error-output with usual method:
How to fix? On CFW, just enable BD-mirror or use cobra, but what about OFW??Code:LocID_CONF_Disc_Read_Error
Downside of this workaround:
- The untouched game (i.e.: BLES01766-[Splinter.Cell-Blacklist])
- The official game-update (i.e.: EP0001-BLES01766_00-BLEFIGSNLSCNPOBR-A0103-V0100-PE_fw43000.00.pkg)
Your game will fill up the DOUBLE amount of memory on hdd
For getting game-updates, use ps3tools' gameupdater. To get the right GAMEID you can check the PARAM.SFO of your game with ps3tools' SFO-Editor: i.e. BLES01878, BLUS31025, BLES01766
I'm gonna take BLES01766 for this tut...
Hope these infos are just as golden to someone as to me
- Do the usual Method and convert the original game with PS3GameConvert_v0.9.exe by using the proper game-update corresponding to your GAMEID EP0001-BLES01766_00-BLEFIGSNLSCNPOBR-A0103-V0100-PE_fw43000.00.pkg
- Open the original game-folder: i.e. BLES01766-[Splinter.Cell-Blacklist]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR
- Now mark the following to copy:
- Default [yes the complete folder]
- Goto to the converted-game-output-folder. open BLES01766\USRDIR and paste everything here. THERE SHOULD BE NO FILES TO OVERWRITE.
BLES01766\USRDIR before paste:
BLES01766\USRDIR after paste:
- Proceed as usual: transfer both folders to CFW dev_hdd0/game, rebuild database, enjoy, DataTransfer to OFW, profit...
- Find all posts from Blade, and hit the like button
P.S.: Also sorry for my noobish english
1) I'm quite sure using the KDW method for step 1 is also ok
2) You need the FULL GAME, i.e.: the russian version sent to me missed a lot of files
3) The files need to be untouched, no modified, fixed or whatsoever