Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter Horvi       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horvi

Contributor
Verified
Hey guys, I recently upgraded my HDD to SSD and I can't seem to restore a save for some reason. I'm on 6.72. I've had 10 games on the original HDD and my account was offline activated. I made the following steps before swapping the HDD:

1, back up the system using system, back up and restore (I had to uncheck God of War because my external HDD wasn't big enough to backup everything)
2, back up saves using application saved data management
3, I used backup payload (Al Azif's host)

Then, I swapped the HDD, reinstalled 6.72 fw, restored the the first backup from step 1, restored my profile with the same name & offline activated it, backed up the saves from step 2. At this point, all my game loaded my saves, but my trophies was gone so lastly, I used FTP to restore home & trophies folders from step 3, (however not without error, I did it twice and I always got 20-30 unsuccessful transfers) however after rebooting, all my trophies reappeared.

But here comes the weird part. Remember I couldn't backup God of War? So, I reinstalled it, but it wouldn't load my save. The game tells me my save is corrupted and suggests me to create a new save or restore it from usb. I restored the save (again) but it won't work. Relaunching the game tells me again the save is corrupted, suggests me the same options again. Any way to "repair" the save?

Solution
I'm surprised any saves work, When you offline activate it salts the encryption used for your profile that's why old saves for account show corrupt and you did it again on the new hdd. Just use official transfer method for games and saves and dont run offline activator again

You will only need the user/home/usernumber/trophy/db/trophy_local.db file to fix trophies, any working saves backed up with payloads after the first run of offline activator should work fine as long as you don't run activator again
The save not showing can be due to 2 main reasons -

1.) The title id for GOW you had earlier and you have now is different.
2.) Earlier you had retail/fake pkg game and now you have installed fake/retail pkg game respectively, the saves arent compatible unless the keystone is same (which most probably wont be).

I'm surprised any saves work, When you offline activate it salts the encryption used for your profile that's why old saves for account show corrupt and you did it again on the new hdd. Just use official transfer method for games and saves and dont run offline activator again

You will only need the user/home/usernumber/trophy/db/trophy_local.db file to fix trophies, any working saves backed up with payloads after the first run of offline activator should work fine as long as you don't run activator again

Solution
Thanks. GoW save is the only one I couldn't restore. It's also the only game I played before I offline activated my profile. Luckily that didn't corrupt the save. But when it came to restore... Anyway I couldn't solve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back