Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the Codebreaker Cheats for PS2 PKG Games tutorial, here is a simple guide to create PS2 FPKG (Fake Packages) with cheats and the PS2 Classic GUI with thanks to @Codester1389 for the initial cue.

PART PC

Download the All-in-one PS2 FPKG Cheats (18.4 MB) archive (All-in-one PS2 FPKG Cheats.rar - Mirror - 18.36 MB) and extract it to your desktop. The archive includes:
  • cddvdgen
  • cdvd_iml2iso_403
  • isobuster_install
  • PS2 Classics Gui V1
  • PS2LOADELF
2. Install isobuster and extract the contents of your game in CD, DVD or ISO format into the "PS2LOADELF" folder.

3. Open the "SYSTEM.CNF" file (contained in the "PS2LOADELF" folder) with a notepad and rename the first string in this way:

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\LNCF_999.99; 1

Open Cdvdgen.exe, click on "Create new project" and then on "CD-ROM Master Disc" (If your game extracted weighs less than 750MB) or on "DVD-ROM Master Disc" (If your game is extracted weighs more than 750MB)

5. Now move all the contents of the "PS2LOADELF" folder into the CD / DVD-ROM Generator program windows

6. Click on the "VOLUME" tab and enter in the "Disc Name" field the id of your game that you can always find in the "PS2LOADELF" folder (example: SLES21430), in the "Producer Name" field write PLAYSTATION and in the "license area" field choose the region of your game:
  • SLES \ SCES belongs to the Europe region
  • SLUS \ SCUS belongs to the America region
  • SLPS belongs to the Japan region
7. Once you have done this, click on "File", "Export iml file" and save the file with any name on the desktop.

8. Open "cdvd_iml2iso_403.exe", click on "Open" button on the right, choose the iml file you find on the desktop and then click on the "iml2iso" button on the left and wait for the process of creating your game iso with cheats are included.

9. Install the PS2 Classics Gui V1 by clicking on the "PS4 PS2 Classics GUI.application" file.

10. Open the link you just created on the desktop, choose your iso with the cheats previously created, in the "NP Title" field, delete the words LNCF99999 and enter the id of your game again while in the "Title" field write the name of your game. *

Press the "Create PS2 Classic" button to create the pkg and wait between 5 and 10 minutes. At the end of the process, copy your pkg into a usb stick formatted in exfat.

* In "PS2 Classic GUI", by clicking with the right mouse button on the "Unity" box you can change the icon and the start image of your game. The images will be readjusted automatically with the measures required by the PS4 which are respectively: icon0.png 512x512 24bit and pic1.png 1920x1080 24bit.

PART PLAYSTATION

Turn on the play, insert the usb stick, activate the exploit as usual and then go to Settings - * Debug Setting - Game - Package Installer to install your game ps2 FPKG

2. Start it and it will open the much loved "Launchelf" that we have all known on the legendary PS2.

3. With the included browser file (O key) go to "CDFS", then to the --elf-- folder and start the codebreaker.elf (for NTSC games) or the xploder.elf (for PAL games).

4. Select the cheats to activate and click on "Start Game" until you find yourself on "Launchelf" again.

5. Finally go again with the browser file on "CDFS" and start the game by clicking on the id (example: SLES_204.11).

6. Enjoy your PS2 game with activated cheats.

It is recommended not to activate many cheats because the game may stop at certain points in the game, so be careful.

CODEBREAKER GUIDES
via @stripnwild:
Create PS2 FPKG with Cheats & PS2 Classic GUI Guide by AngelDavil88.jpg

Comments

I've been using this tutorial for a few days and it is *excellent*, works perfectly for most titles I've tried -- however, I am having an issue with one game in specific; Star Ocean 3 - Til the End of Time, this one won't let me extract the files so I can inject uLaunchelf, due to TriAce encryption on the disk.

Does anyone have a solution, please? Has anyone managed to make a Star Ocean disk with uLaunchElf or Codebreaker? Thanks!

Hi,

I downloaded the All-in-one PS2 FPKG Cheats.rar but when I opened it, I got an error message saying the archive is either in unknown format or damaged. Anyone else have this problem?

Directly to the ELF? No, not as far as I know, however, you don't need to :D You can run Codebreaker as normal and then add a new game, or add a code to existing games, and when you back out it will ask you to save to memory card - just save and you're done :) At least, it is for Codebreaker, I had to add a few dozen Front Mission 5 codes ^_^, but I don't know about Xploder.

I'm trying to make GOD HAND work with this, but i get blank screen when trying to load the game. I followed every step in detail, but I'm having questions when trying to extract the ISO file. When opening it with ISOBUSTER, i see two parts inside the iso file, one has a red icon that says ISO and the oter one says UDF. Both have the same item names, but different file sizes. I've been extracting the ISO (red icon) one. Is there anything else i should be trying?

I can load cheat codes and create them, codebreakers works fine, but when i try to launch the game, nothing happens (with and without loading codes).

Also, when extracting the contents of the ISO file into the PS2LOADELF folder, should i create a folder with the game nam in it, or put all the files from the ISO on that same folder?

Thanks

Solved it. It's ok to just extract the ISO part on ISOBuster. When extracting the game files to PS2LOADELF, dont create a subfolder with all the extracted files, just put them directly into the PS2LOADELF folder. Working great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back