Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayStation 4 developer zecoxao shared a guide today on how to decrypt and dump PS4 usermodules with help from skeu. :thumbup:

To recap for those new, the first decrypted PlayStation 4 game was done by PS4 scene release group EPEEN, and scene group TRSi also sent out a call for decryption testers recently.

Read all about it below, to quote: Tutorial: How to decrypt and dump usermodules

First of all I'd like to say thank you to the person who has allowed me to post this tutorial. His English isn't perfect so he asked me to make this tutorial on his behalf. Thanks, grass skeu :)

So for this, you'll need:
Steps:

1- Fire up elf loader on your 1.76 console
2- Let it load all the way up to stage 5 without memory errors!
3- Compile the payload source. You can specify in between:
Code:
ps4KernelExecute((void*)path_self_mmap_check_function, NULL, &ret, NULL);
and
Code:
ps4KernelExecute((void*)unpath_self_mmap_check_function, NULL, &ret, NULL);
which module(s) you want to decrypt. if you want, you can even decrypt all modules from 1.76 Dump released a while ago! This includes elf, self, prx, sprx, sexe, sdll and eboot.bin.

However, take into notice that you can only decrypt usermodules from disc or psn apps when you have loaded them and minimize them (by pressing ps button), and only from absolute path! (due to npdrm management)

I have left an example:
Code:
decrypt_and_dump_self("/mini-syscore.elf", "/mnt/usb0/mini-syscore.elf");
so, the elf will be written to usb0 (rightmost port), but you can specify others

4. Run listener (if you want, this is optional):
Code:
socat - TCP:my.ps4.ip.here:5052
where ps4 ip is your local ip (mine is 192.168.1.72)

5. Finally send payload:
Code:
socat -u FILE:path/to/DumpFile TCP:my.ps4.ip.here:5053
specifying the path to the payload and the ip. if the payload fails to be executed with out of memory error just stabilize on stage 5 WITHOUT restarting console and try again.

Any doubts please ask. And all credits go to grass skeu for this awesome trick :)

Just a small note. segment 0x6fffff01 cannot be "decrypted" from game eboots because... it's a plaintext segment in encrypted file :)
Decrypting and Dumping PlayStation 4 UserModules Guide by Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

I just want to play ps4 games from the external hdd hahaha like the ps3 ^^ Playing ps1,2,3 and 4 games omg!!!!! PS4 best console ever!:bananaman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back