Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter MiaWintrz       2      
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiaWintrz

Contributor
Verified
Hi guys. i want to invest on a SSD for my PS4. Currently there are some kernel panic (mostly on jailbreaking process) / force shut down due to freeze (moslty when waking up from rest mode) situation on my PS4.

Does this sudden shut downs of working storage damage SSDs (like HDDs)? Have anyone experienced storage loss cause of jailbreak process?

Solution
This is what happened with my 2TB internal HDD in my PS4. It all started when I tried doing the magic USB for 9.00 firmware so I would not need to plug/replug a USB flash drive everytime I jailbreak my PS4 and prevent any issues if I forgot to unplug my flash drive after jailbreaking.

I have a spare 500GB external HDD and used it as magic USB and everything goes well at first, but disaster happened after I tried installing FPKGs using my now magic external HDD. My PS4 went into some freezing and reboots followed by disk checks each time my PS4 was not properly shut down.

After a while, games don't work anymore and hangs up which leads to more crashes and forced restart. I decided to remove my 2TB HDD from my PS4 and plugged it on my...
This is what happened with my 2TB internal HDD in my PS4. It all started when I tried doing the magic USB for 9.00 firmware so I would not need to plug/replug a USB flash drive everytime I jailbreak my PS4 and prevent any issues if I forgot to unplug my flash drive after jailbreaking.

I have a spare 500GB external HDD and used it as magic USB and everything goes well at first, but disaster happened after I tried installing FPKGs using my now magic external HDD. My PS4 went into some freezing and reboots followed by disk checks each time my PS4 was not properly shut down.

After a while, games don't work anymore and hangs up which leads to more crashes and forced restart. I decided to remove my 2TB HDD from my PS4 and plugged it on my PC and discovered that the HDD health went down to 52% all of a sudden. I used HD Sentinel and attempted to repair but the weak sector count can't be fixed and keeps getting worse as I perform disk checks.

My 500GB external HDD was fine however (I restore it to just a normal HDD afterwards just to be safe), only the internal HDD got damaged by the forced reboots and frequent crashes ever since I tried the magic USB stuff. Everything happened in just a day.

I think my PS4 crashes around 8-10 times if I counted correctly everytime I tried installing a game from magic HDD. So yeah, I think frequent crashes and forced reboot can actually damage the internal storage of the PS4.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back