Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today @Codsworth let us know about an ESP Host project he's been working on, and shared a guide on a simple way to serve PS4 payloads using the ESP8266 Wifi Module board with at least 4 MB flash. ;)

Download: esphost.bin / esphostmulti.bin / esphostmulti405.bin / GIT

Here's all the details from the README.md: ESP Host

Today I show you a simple way to serve payload using the ESP8266.

Benefits of using the ESP8266:
  • Extremely low cost hardware, available worldwide
  • Ability to run 24/7 via USB, self-hosted payload, no external apps or programs required
  • Completely block all updates
  • No need for custom DNS server or settings, features automatic redirect
  • Easy to program and update via USB
  • Very low power consumption
Requirements:
Payloads included in esphost.bin
  • VORTEX HEN 1.4
Payloads included in esphostmulti.bin
  • HEN
  • HEN+VR
  • FTP
  • DUMPER
  • BACKUP
https://github.com/pearlxcore/ps4-playground-455

Instructions:

Flash esphost.bin using the following command:
Code:
sudo esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash 0x00000 0x400000 ./esphost.bin
  • After flashing completes, connect to "PS4-WIFI" using "easy setting" then go to [Settings] > [User Guide]
NOTE: Windows users must use the appropriate com port when flashing with esptool.py

NOTE2: Users can optionally flash using the GUI version of ESPTool

Compatible boards:

These are the most popular ESP8266 boards, but any esp8266 with 4M flash or larger will work.
Updates (via Codsworth)
  • More stable payloads , no memory errors or reloading pages
  • Updated esp-host to include payloads from ps4-playground
  • Added file compression - save space and serve payloads quickly.
  • Upgraded payload index to a better design thanks to pearlxcore
To-Do
  • Add ability to upload files/payloads
Notice and credits

Credit should be given to original authors of payloads - you know who you are.

How to run PS4 exploit offline using ESP-12E (ESP8266)
PS4 with ESP8266 7 seconds for the hen + playground
ESP Host Serve PS4 Payloads Using the ESP8266 Guide by Codsworth.jpg

Comments

hello you can help me, I received ESP8266, I was following the guide, but I can not find the drivers, tells me (can not find the device drivers, because?

14/5000
where can I find it?

29/5000
and how do I install the driver?

guys I installed the driver, I proceeded to drive perfectly the wifi works, but the browser is strange I can not open it in any way hen, what can it be?

it does not work, will the dns be changed? who knows?

Does anybody know which servers PS4 checks while testing internet connection? I would like to make possible "Wifi easy settings" (no need to indicate DNS manually) while using ESP8266 PS4 Host firmware. It's OK for now, everything works like I said before - all network parameters are set automatically, no errors (AT LAST!!!!), you can use payloads after it, but when I make additionally "Test your internet connection", it fails. :(

I found this feature only in c0d3m4st4's firmware - easy settings and internet connection pass errorless, so it is possible!!! But he does not want to share this peace of sketch :(

I'll explain, I use the cable connection, and to get Hen I changed the dns manually

I ask you: it will be for this reason, that does not work, and comes out a strange browser screen?

Hello, I would like to perfect my self-created ESP firmware 4.55 and need a working js-file-set for the backup payload, which always starts on the first attempt.

Does anyone have such a thing and would be so kind to make it available to me? All other Payloads are starting at the first attemp, exept backup. Thanks in advance.

@muxi any progress? I would highly appreciate if you share this backup payload. Now I'm working on WiFi Easy Settings without any manual DNS configuration etc.

Hello @Keeperdy no, unfortunately I have not found a perfect "backup" Palyload in js-format till now. It would be nice if there would be something like a collection of all existing first-class payloads in js format as a download source for everyone interested in creating such firmwares. WiFi Easy ? That sounds interesting....

YEAAAH! I finally managed it and found the right combination for the BACKUP Payload. It starts 5 times in a row successfully at the first attempt after system reboot.

So here we are:
backup payload set

Spoiler

My new Firmware (Now everything starts up at the first attempt)

Spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back