Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get some time to goto my local Jaycar store and pickup some ESP8266 boards and some SD breakout boards.

I have put together a small example of a webserver with the files hosted off a SD card. Using an SD card allows you to update the payloads without needing to flash the ESP board and it allows you to have more than around 4MB of files because the ESP boards have a low amount of storage memory. It also has a DNS server built in so you can use it via the user guide on the PS4.

You can also configure the webserver and wifi access point from a file on the SD card with CONFIG.INI.

The Arduino SD library is limited to 8:3 file name format which means all the file names must be 8 characters or less and the file extension must be 3 characters or less, this would be the limit FILENAME.TXT

:alert: Make sure you use a SD card that is formatted to fat or fat32.

On my board (d1 mini compatible) the following pins are used with the SD breakout board
  • D5 = SCK
  • D6 = MISO
  • D7 = MOSI
  • D8 = SS
ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged 2.jpg

You can find datasheets online for all the different types of boards so you should be able to find the pins you need to connect to.

The ino sketch and SD files are here: https://github.com/stooged/ESP-Server

ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged.jpg@pearlxcore has a guide here on how to program the ESP8266 board using the Arduino ide.

I might look at opening up one of my PS4s and installing it inside the PS4 and soldering it in because it is pretty small.

ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged 3.jpg

ESP8266 Server From SD Card for PS4 4.55 Payloads by Stooged 4.jpg

Comments

@ps360
thank you. I try to do yours. white

hRp3Ksd.png

then error wv-33906-2

dOy1yrY.png

from outside access to gateway

uCMv9I7.png

my sd system fat32

r9LLUki.png

I checked config.ini WEBSERVER_IP=10.10.1.11?

DNS is 10.10.1.something?

Is anyone able to help with pin outs for joining these 2 boards: ch340g wifi board and ramps breakout sd board possibly to do with raspberry pi ep00227 is only reference I can find to it eBay item - 161880904353, the sd board has pins labeled -
  • GND
  • SCK
  • SO
  • VCC
  • CS
  • SI
Thanks in advance. ive sorted above problem i seen some earlier posts, all working well :)

however - im trying to add more exploit files to sd card. is there any more info on how to do this? so far ive tried arduino , eclipse , word pad , and web base 4.55.

ive got new buttons showing but new exploits fail to load. i believe something to do with path not edited correctly in index, or my dodgy conversion of bin file to js file.

also i tried replacing same res PNG file but only loads half the pic. does this need flattening or compressing 1st? original exploits still working just want to get some new ones going
and only have limited time on a bit of a learning curve also.

thanks in advance for any help.

dude, jaycar? biggest rip-off on prices i have ever seen.

although it is good to be able to get something instantly, rather than waiting for it to come in from china...

if anybody else is in Australia, I have a few ESP8826 boards and their matching SD card boards for sale...

anyways, great thread! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back