Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS3 Game Backups on OFW 4.70 guide, this method by me (Hibatullah Albatawy on YouTube) details how to make PS3 CFW games work on any PlayStation 3 OFW with a summary from @djurist located HERE.

Note that it needs two units of PS3 the CFW as the master and OFW as the target.

STEPS:

1. download GAME_CONVERT.rar
2. extract it to C:, it will be PS3>Game Convert>Convert.bat and make_npdata.exe
3. copy any PS3_GAME that have LICDIR folder in it, if it doesn't have then you have to find it yourself with LIC.DAT Generator online http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/lic.php#
4. paste it inside Game Convert folder, it will be PS3_GAME, Convert.bat, make_npdata.exe
5. double click Convert.bat, type NPxxxxxx, these x are your retail game id. for instance, the game id is BLES12345, then you must type NPEB12345.
6. wait untill it finishes its job
7. make a glass of hot cocoa
8. when it's done, you can see a new folder exist.
9. download the patch update for that game (BLES12345) and extract it. put the eboot.bin out of it. place it in NPEB12345/USRDIR/
10. create a folder named TEST on an external HDD (FAT 32)
11. copy NPEB12345 and BLES12345 (the extracted patch update), paste it into folder TEST.
12. on PS3 CFW 4.81, copy the two files into dev_hdd0/game..
13. do Rebuild Database
14. the game will be shown in XMB
15. turn on PS3 OFW 4.81 and plug an ethernet cable and connect it to PS3 CFW one.
16. on CFW, go to Settings> System Settings> Data Transfer Utitlity> pick number 1> say no> say no> waiting for transfer> enter
17. on OFW do the same way, but pick number 2, just wait till it gets questions for asking to format, hit yes and yes.
18. and transferring, happy waiting
19. drink your no longer hot cocoa
20. profit

TESTED GAMES:
PS3 CFW Games On OFW Console.jpg

Comments

Hello , Thanks for this tutorial.

Im trying but getting this Error:
2747ad1991fa46b48fba0d43feb96dd1.png

Any Solution about this?
Im using Windows 7 64-Bit Service Pack 1

Do u have Freespace in the drive?????
Try to download other copy of MSVCR120.DLL and put it with conver.bat and make_npdata.exe, or C:\Windows\System32
Are you sure no problem with COD MW3 ? if yes..can you explain how to convert ?

Just downloaded ISO BLES02166, update, put the EBOOT of update inside NPEB02166\USRDIR and it work perfectly

Try to download other copy

Do u have Freespace in the drive?????
Try to download other copy of MSVCR120.DLL and put it with conver.bat and make_npdata.exe, or C:\Windows\System32

Just downloaded ISO BLES02166, update, put the EBOOT of update inside NPEB02166\USRDIR and it work perfectly

Doesnt works :( i downloaded some copys of MSVCR120.DLL and again that error :eek:

No problem with MWF3, im using BLES02166.
I cant make work:
KillZone3 (meno is OK when start to play stuck in BLACK SCREEN with icon in upperleft)
Gran Turismo 6 (Error Installing Files)
God of War Ascension (Stuck in Epilepse adversing)
Watchdogs (Error installing files, says damaged files)
Sleeping Dogs (the same)
Metal gear Solid Phantom Pain (same)
Last of US (black screen)

Do u have better experience????
COD-MW2&MW3 DIDN'T WORK WITH ME
it's back me to xmb ...and when i put the eboot in update gave me black SCREEN

Doesnt works :( i downloaded some copys of MSVCR120.DLL and again that error :eek:

Put the game in root. Example C:\GAME\convert.bat
Im getting this error on extense tree like C:\users\Administrator\Documents\PS3\Games\BLES09182
COD-MW2&MW3 DIDN'T WORK WITH ME
it's back me to xmb ...and when i put the eboot in update gave me black SCREEN
Put the EBOOT from BLES02166\USRDIR to NPEB02166\USRDIR

i got problem "blank screen" on nba2k17(bles02242)... anyone can help me?

uh... if the game dont have a patch can it work normal? or only the game with a patch can play on ofw?

anyone can do it for the last of us ? i stuck on logo the last of us for a long time

Thanks for information i will

thank you albatawy for this awesome guide
i have try many games with this guide and some of its run perfectly. but some other still have problem.
MW3 BLUS30838 blank screen but hdd indicator still active blingking
GTAV BLES01807 with update merging 106 to 126 .... blank screen
SLEEPING DOG BLES01661 Blank screen after installation complete and saving the setting.

i try those games on cfw and ofw and produce the same result

anyone can help ?

thank you albatawy for this awesome guide
i have try many games with this guide and some of its run perfectly. but some other still have problem.
MW3 BLUS30838 blank screen but hdd indicator still active blingking
GTAV BLES01807 with update merging 106 to 126 .... blank screen
SLEEPING DOG BLES01661 Blank screen after installation complete and saving the setting.

i try those games on cfw and ofw and produce the same result

anyone can help ?
MW3 BLUS30838 Gave the same error ((blank screen but hdd indicator still active blingking )) DID you find any solution ?

in mlb the show 16 only audio video no

hey in the last of us only passes when the last of us logo is blinkin but after that black screen
Hi, this is the same with the mlb 16 only audio is heard but I noticed that the installation should be 10gb only install 2gb, I did a test of installing the game from the multiman in CFW did the installation of 10gb and then run the Game and asks again the installation of 10gb, some help ?. Sorry, I use google translate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back