Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS3 Game Backups on OFW 4.70 guide, this method by me (Hibatullah Albatawy on YouTube) details how to make PS3 CFW games work on any PlayStation 3 OFW with a summary from @djurist located HERE.

Note that it needs two units of PS3 the CFW as the master and OFW as the target.

STEPS:

1. download GAME_CONVERT.rar
2. extract it to C:, it will be PS3>Game Convert>Convert.bat and make_npdata.exe
3. copy any PS3_GAME that have LICDIR folder in it, if it doesn't have then you have to find it yourself with LIC.DAT Generator online http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/lic.php#
4. paste it inside Game Convert folder, it will be PS3_GAME, Convert.bat, make_npdata.exe
5. double click Convert.bat, type NPxxxxxx, these x are your retail game id. for instance, the game id is BLES12345, then you must type NPEB12345.
6. wait untill it finishes its job
7. make a glass of hot cocoa
8. when it's done, you can see a new folder exist.
9. download the patch update for that game (BLES12345) and extract it. put the eboot.bin out of it. place it in NPEB12345/USRDIR/
10. create a folder named TEST on an external HDD (FAT 32)
11. copy NPEB12345 and BLES12345 (the extracted patch update), paste it into folder TEST.
12. on PS3 CFW 4.81, copy the two files into dev_hdd0/game..
13. do Rebuild Database
14. the game will be shown in XMB
15. turn on PS3 OFW 4.81 and plug an ethernet cable and connect it to PS3 CFW one.
16. on CFW, go to Settings> System Settings> Data Transfer Utitlity> pick number 1> say no> say no> waiting for transfer> enter
17. on OFW do the same way, but pick number 2, just wait till it gets questions for asking to format, hit yes and yes.
18. and transferring, happy waiting
19. drink your no longer hot cocoa
20. profit

TESTED GAMES:
PS3 CFW Games On OFW Console.jpg

Comments

All done now ;)

I needed to execute the game bf Hardline first on the CFW , to install the files, and no synchronizing trophy error after ;)

Still have the problem on Nba2k17... on the CFW runs good... on the OFW have glitches and frezzes...
i still have 100% synchronizing stuck (in CFW) not moved to ofw yet in BF4 and BF hardline after installing its data on cfw first any suggestion?
Battlefield 4™ BLUS31162
Battlefield™ Hardline BLES02039

i have now only problem
CFW console don t have XMB. dir
can i create a new folder and neamed it XMB
or what can i do
my cfw is 4.55
i am search for xmb in dev/hdd00- game , and don t find it
As i told you in PM, just forget what you see in that video, use the right directory and thats all, just a simple transfer, no need of any "xmb folder". Good luck.

i still have 100% synchronizing stuck (in CFW) not moved to ofw yet in BF4 and BF hardline after installing its data on cfw first any suggestion?
Battlefield 4™ BLUS31162
Battlefield™ Hardline BLES02039

My Battlefield: Hardline is BLUS31440 . Need to be NPUB31440.

How to identify trophy folder of a game:

1. Use Multiman to access the folders on your PS3
2. Go to /dev_hdd0/home/0000001/trophy/XXXXXX ( XXXXXX is the trophy folder of your game)

**Note that 0000001 is the user folder. If you have multiple user it might be different

3. Delete the folder that corresponds to the trophy folder that you want to get rid off.
4. Turn off the ps3. Turn it back on and got to Recovery Mode.
5. Select Rebuild Database. Ps3 will reboot after the rebuild.
6. Then execute the game Battlefield: Hardline first on the CFW , to install the files, and no synchronizing trophy error. ;)

Test first on cfw, if its ok , then pass to OFW console.

hi everyone !
i have managed to get some games working (pes17 - gta5 - blur - nfs rivals - sniper elite3) but i have some errors with other games and i dont knowwhat is wrong !!??

far cry 4 = stuck at installation after game start (4-5%)
pes 13 / tomb raider = insert disc
sleeping dogs = black screen after "push start"

can anyone help me ???? thank you

hi everyone !
i have managed to get some games working (pes17 - gta5 - blur - nfs rivals - sniper elite3) but i have some errors with other games and i dont knowwhat is wrong !!??

far cry 4 = stuck at installation after game start (4-5%)
pes 13 / tomb raider = insert disc
sleeping dogs = black screen after "push start"

can anyone help me ???? thank you
hi Ahmed

For Far cry try to run the game first in CFW and make the installation in CFW Then Transfer the Data (i am not tested Farcry yet)

i have PES 2013 and Tomb Raider working (just make sure that PES 2013 not moded the original one) and also for Tomb raider original files and dont forget to move the EBOOT file from update user directory found in BLXXXXX to the game USRDIR in NPXXXXXXX
you can download original game Eboot and PARAM from this site
http://dl.gameemag.ir/ps3org-eboots.php

i also not tried sleeping dogs yet but try to copy the EBOOT from UPDATE Folder instead of moving it and run the game in CFW first
My Battlefield: Hardline is BLUS31440 . Need to be NPUB31440.

How to identify trophy folder of a game:

1. Use Multiman to access the folders on your PS3
2. Go to /dev_hdd0/home/0000001/trophy/XXXXXX ( XXXXXX is the trophy folder of your game)

**Note that 0000001 is the user folder. If you have multiple user it might be different

3. Delete the folder that corresponds to the trophy folder that you want to get rid off.
4. Turn off the ps3. Turn it back on and got to Recovery Mode.
5. Select Rebuild Database. Ps3 will reboot after the rebuild.
6. Then execute the game Battlefield: Hardline first on the CFW , to install the files, and no synchronizing trophy error. ;)

Test first on cfw, if its ok , then pass to OFW console.
thx man i will check TROPDIR despite i have only one user in CFW (and its clean formatted) i have the Error in CFW btw BF and the games installed its data successfully but stuck on 100% SYNC.
i am moving my games now once again to check while keeping the EBOOT file in the update folder (you mentioned that in previous comments or someone did)

I try everything but get:
View attachment 1627
Maybe you need to go offline for this to work i.e.(Disable your internet connection in network settings) some people having issues with online and some mention that they get console ban.

hi Ahmed

For Far cry try to run the game first in CFW and make the installation in CFW Then Transfer the Data (i am not tested Farcry yet)

i have PES 2013 and Tomb Raider working (just make sure that PES 2013 not moded the original one) and also for Tomb raider original files and dont forget to move the EBOOT file from update user directory found in BLXXXXX to the game USRDIR in NPXXXXXXX

i also not tried sleeping dogs yet but try to copy the EBOOT from UPDATE Folder instead of moving it and run the game in CFW first

thankx for the reply !
i have a question related to your answer. for all games so far i simply put the converted folder (NPEB...) in hdd0/game folder. when i tried to create a folder example NBA and put the NPEB (converted)+BLES (downloaded patch) within that folder and then transfer i get "Damaged Data" in XMB. so what is the issue?

thankx for the reply !
i have a question related to your answer. for all games so far i simply put the converted folder (NPEB...) in hdd0/game folder. when i tried to create a folder example NBA and put the NPEB (converted)+BLES (downloaded patch) within that folder and then transfer i get "Damaged Data" in XMB. so what is the issue?

you shouldnt have any damaged data error if you
transfer NPXXXXXXX (W\EBOOT from Update) & BLXXXXXXX to hdd0/game and then rebuild the system database via safe mode.
only if one of the cases below i think:
- the files of the folders copied incorrectly from PC to USB HDD or from USB to PS3
- the backup game you have damaged
- or you encounter some errors during the conversion by Game_CONVERT and you didnt notice it.

that what i thought sorry i dont know the problem exactly

hi Ahmed

thx man i will check TROPDIR despite i have only one user in CFW (and its clean formatted) i have the Error in CFW btw BF and the games installed its data successfully but stuck on 100% SYNC.
i am moving my games now once again to check while keeping the EBOOT file in the update folder (you mentioned that in previous comments or someone did)

Maybe you need to go offline for this to work i.e.(Disable your internet connection in network settings) some people having issues with online and some mention that they get console ban.

Yes, keep the EBOOT file in the update folder too.
And see if your internet is off on the ps3, then run the game , install the data again to see if works.

Yes, keep the EBOOT file in the update folder too.
And see if your internet is off on the ps3, then run the game , install the data again to see if works.
Yeah finally i pass the synchronization stuck but now the game keeps loading (first loading (green circle rotating)) but nothing happens ... but its not makes the PS3 to freeze and that is a good thing i will try to re-download the update

did you manage to convert Assassins Creed 3 and black flag
Assassin's Creed® III BLES01669
Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag BLES01884
the game return back to XMB and fail to run
it happens also in ASSASSINS CREED II but i create ASSASSIN_ISO folder in both Game and Update USRDIR and it run perfect i tried the same to those games but nothin happens

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back