Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter Baku86       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baku86

Contributor
Verified
Hello,
I would like to ask if it's possible to delete all payloads from my jailbroken PS4, update firmware to latest version, signup to PSN and PS Plus and then transfer all my saves and trophies to PS5?

I've got already almost all games that I have on PS4 on legal PS5, so no reason to keep PS4 jailbroken, but I would love to transfer my data.

Additional question - will games on PS4 work without need to download them again from PSN (maybe with licence restore option)? It's pretty huge library and I don't want to download it again with my slow bandwidth.

If yes, then how risky it may be?

I'm sure if you sign in on your ps5 it will sync everything under that id. Your downloaded ps4 games will be in your library on the store anyway.

No need to do what your saying i don't think.

But my PS4 was not online activated at all. I can't even use save backup feature. So to sync or unlock save to usb transfer it I think, that I need to signup for PSN - the same that I have on PS5. I never had PSN account before PS5.

I'm not sure if it's safe or even if all old saves will transfer. I presume, that I may not have 'original keystone' for some games. Trophies should sync however.

Never gave that a thought. Perhaps someone far advance than me stumbles upon your post and can better help you. For now, I'd leave it be and continue to enjoy it alongside the ps5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back