Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter Shywong       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shywong

Contributor
Verified
Is there a list of things known to cause PS4 kernel panics on GoldHEN? Such as leaving an external HDD plugged in (obviously not the USB for jailbreaking).

I use my PS4 to watch videos before bed at night in the Media Player app more than anything. So every now and then it'll have a kernel panic because I did something like use a homebrew app then the media player app without launching a 'game' in between them. That seems to give my PS4 a higher chance of kernel panic when it goes into sleep mode.

ACPI States. You can boot into Arch from recovery and you will eventually loose Wi-Fi as the Chipset is intended to go into another state. Keeping an app in the background has a similar effect.

use usb hub with on/off switch for your external hdd, if the ps4 get kp'ed and your ps4 system got corrupted you can fix your ps4 without losing any saved games on your external hdd. only when gold hen loaded successfully you can press the on switch of your external hdd usb hub

kp also caused by using certain cheat
p.s i never let my ps4 on sleep mode, i always turn it off when i'm finished playing

I don't use external hdds, just ESP32 S2, On IDU you can simplify a stage but network is always required. ACPI behaves differently on newer firmware. It's doing it for a reason of course on 9.00 you can mostly ignore this. Goldhen is technically running on the background.

It works fairly well for the most part if used just to play games. All this on PS4 on PS5 those are kind of rigged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back