Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter SteveWonda       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWonda

Contributor
I sold a bunch of my physical PS4 game discs but still have them installed. Is there any way to work some magic with the system jailbroken to make them playable without the disc in? Thanks.

I doubt this is possible if its installations from original discs. The reason Jailbroken games work is they are created from original discs and turned into fpkg files. You can create fpkgs from original discs, however I don't think you can create fpkgs from game installations.

nope, if its disc based, you need the disc to run the app, same is true for dumping games off of discs.

you need the disc to have the console start the game, the console decrypts the official pkg contained on the disc, then while in this state you can dump the contents of the official pkg, then use that dump to make your own Fake pkg which will NOT require the disc to run. this is the only way currently to do so.

I miss the days when we could just bypass disc checks and install games directly from a dashboard. I still have my collection of 50 or so retail discs but don't have the storage space or time to convert them all.

I also tend to play the digital games purchased from PSN much more often due to not having to dig out discs.

you can if you download FPKGs, otherwise you need an official disc to dump from.

FPKGS install from dashboard. also it doesnt take much, tho low storage space kinda limits conversions to one game at a time but its worth it for the no discs feature. ive successfully dumped and converted all of my disc based games, DOOM, GtaV, COD WW2 with the 1.11 title update, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back