Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
Following his previous work, Sony PlayStation hacker xmax katsu (aka xmaxkatsu) recently shared a PS Vita HDMI Modification Pinout, a PSTV NAND Pinout, PSTV Downgrade from 3.35 to 3.30, a PSTV 3.52 HFW PKG Installer and more below! :D

Here are some related Tweets via Twitter:
  • :D :D :D :D ReRepRep
  • PSTV nand vdd in full access nand :)
  • 3.52 HFW feature hole #1 PKG installer :D
PSTV 3.52 HFW PKG INSTALLER
  • Second USB port unlock only JP pstv :) DOL-1001
  • der angriff !!! :D thx ReRepRep jp pstv 3.18 :)
  • Wow pstv hyprid fw work fw 3.52 base 3.35 work on old pspemu exploit
  • yupppp US pstv Downgrade 3.35 to 3.30 wow :D:D 0-26F45DF
  • 335-336 dump clone nand work system 335 recovery 336 psp blacklist bypas 0x01E1D200 155C8C48E83AD075238BC366BEB8FFE8
  • PSTV nand pinout :)
Note: In the PS Vita HDMI mod pinout diagram, in order to work an additional HDMI transmitter IC and passive components are required.

From atreyu187: PSTV Versions and the firmwares they come with!!

So owner of four PSTV's thought I would share some info as they are $20 at SOny's website last I knew (but out of stock so check back) anyhow there are two model numbers:
  • VTE-100X F1 = 3.20 firmware
  • VTE-100X S1 = 3.35 firmware
Only real difference is no TN-X which has full sound for PS1 eCFW but have no fear ARK-3 is on the way. It has full sound support for its release and looks to blend the best of TN-X, TN-V, ARK and Rejuvenate all into one amazing CFW for the Vita/PSTV to bridge the gap between all three.

If you get a 3.35 manually update to 3.36 AND NO HIGHER to keep custom bubbles, pkg installer and avoid restrictions Sony added on firmware 3.50 and higher like no more zip install of homebrew without work arounds and NO CUSTOM BUBBLES.

BTW if PS1 emulation is something you are thinking of go with XS Moto or the EU variant as it will be the only trigger game for PS1 for the new ARK-3. It is also much easier to launch as you just load the save file and boom exploit loaded whereas Tekken 2 you must lose a round in survival. Not as easy as it sounds since the PC auto blocks if you just let the pad sit dormant.

This does mean JP PSN users are out in the cold again as Tekken 2 is the only JP PS1 exploit and only for 3.20 and lower. Anyhow the model number can be seen on the box if buying the PSTV locally or just ask the seller to tell you in advance. BTW all Wal-Mart Sly/Lego bundles with a DS3 and a 8gb memory card are all 3.20 models.

Finally, from SMOKE: VitaDefilerClient on PSTV method updated for Rejuvenate 0.3.3 Also added instructions to update without reinstalling.

Download: VitaDefilerClientUnity Install PSTV (Rejuvenate 0.3.3-beta).zip (830.16 KB) / VitaDefilerClientUnity Install PSTV (Rejuvenate 0.3.3-beta).zip (Mirror) / VitaDefilerClientUnity Install PSTV (Rejuvenate 0.3.4-beta).7z (513 KB)

Installation Method Instructions:

1. Copy the UNITY-TV folder for your Unity app version to CMA's PSAVEDATA/<random numbers>/ folder.
2. Copy the savedata to your PSTV (You will need to use VitaUpdateBlocker)
3. Make sure you have no notifications and are not downloading anything.
4. Rebuild database in recovery.
5. Using Outlook or Thunderbird, forward the eml to your email account.
6. Find any Vita app or game that has an update available, click update, and then pause the download.
7. Open the Email app and click the attachments one at a time.
It should show an error that says it could not display the image. DO NOT click the ok button. Instead, press home and close the Email app.
8. Once you have installed both files, reboot your PSTV again.
9. Then, continue the download. The download should now be ~5mb. If not, something went wrong.
10. Once downloading is complete, open the Unity app (You might need to install PSM+) and delete the 0000 "app"
11. You should now only have Vita Defiler Client installed in Unity. Now you can cancel the installation notification.

How to update if you have used this method before:

1. Simply FTP the Application & System folders from this pack to cache0:/VitaDefilerClient/

eg. I have Unity 1.06, so the folders and files I need to replace on my PSTV are in Unity 1.06/UNITY-TV/p/VitaDefilerClient/

Troubleshooting:

To install PSM+ on your PSTV, use the Device ID your Vita assuming you have a Vita as well. (**Hint Youtube can help with this and will not risk anyone's account or system**)

Credits:
  • mr.gas for the trick
  • SMOKE for preparing files & writing instructions
From atreyu187: Sony is selling them for $20+ shipping ATM pushing the PS4 Link and PS Now netflixesque service both require latest firmware to enjoy thus voiding this hack though. Hang tight ps3 remote play from Vita is being added though which doesn't require PSN.

OK note to PSTV only users the DeviceID can be ANY 17 digit number and doesn't need to come from a Vita. I'm typing up an in-depth guide for install using only free stuff.

It will also have trouble shooting. Note PS3 with PSN access will be needed to be 100% free or a Vita cart with the orange update icon via Live Area.

Also QCMA will be needed but figured out how to get that working as well with only WiFi and PSTV. There will be Android and PC launch methods as well so PSM+ can truly be portable and 100% wireless finally.

Then if you want ePSP CFW (some games allow button mapping to L2/R2) or ePS1 CFW (2p support as well). ARK-3 will blend all three exploits into one but a PSP trigger game will be needed and depending on your firmware some are better then others. And custom bubbles to auto launch are awesome.

Also for PS1 loader XS Moto will be needed as Tekken 2 exploit isn't supported yet. If your on 3.35 just wait as you can't do anything with it just yet but 3.20 can use the amazing TN-X.

eCFW unlocks all PSP titles to work upscaled at 720p and also all PS1 games work as well upscaled. All three exploits have their own positives. Pray you have a 3.20 and never look back or rely on Sonys "official" whitelist. Use vitareviews it has nearly three times the amount of working games and methods needed to trick some into working.

Nope, PS4 can't do anything other then remote play for PS4 or use it as a controller or second screen.

And got to love all the stability!! And since your on 3.35 you might as well update to 3.50 and use Ape Escape as it does unlock more CPU power. 3.36 and under only run at 333mhz while 3.50 runs at 444mhz as Sony removed a bunch of included features and at least unlocked some CPU power.

The PS3 just allows you to grab content from PSN as there is no way for a Vita not on OFW to get it otherwise unless you have two systems. Download with current CFW then backup with QCMA then use memory card exploit trick to allow content from a higher firmware to be used on a lower one. Until the eml write trick came out the PS3 was the only way to get new content on the Vita.

Good news is no Vita game worth a piss needs over 3.20 firmware. Even the latest and greatest work on 3.20 and under. Even the updates to the whitelist can be accessed from the Live Area by pressing the two blue arrows.

It will stay until a hard reset. It stays updated with newer firmwares. When I play FFX or Retro City Rampage or even UMVC3 I have to update my whitelesit but I have all three on PS3 so I don't really care. All work fine without whitelist refresh on 3.30+

Update: From SMOKE587: VitaDefilerClient installation on PSTV updated (linked above). You need to use the shared (fake) DeviceId in the instructions now.

From fidyyuan: The steps aren't the most clear but this is what i did to make it work.

1) Run update blocker on your PC
2) On your PS TV, connect to the ip and port listed in the update blocker
3) In your PS TV system settings, go to PSN and try to log in. It'll say you need to update your system but on your PC, the update blocker should say that your PS TV is connected and that you can disable the proxy now.
4) Turn off the proxy and follow the steps to install Unity (NOTE: the guides tell you to run an application update but you can also go to system -> PlayStation Mobile and use that update instead. Just make sure to never let those finish)

Finally, from wonre: Finally device id DOES MATTER! I hope to get rid of error 80251002 with this! Thanks Smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back