Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @babu2002 I added it to the OP now, and below are the details from Prince K for those interested:

GET YOUR PS3 OFF 4.80 DEMO MODE

Link to get your PS3 OFF 4.80 DEMO MODE: To+go+normal+4.80+by+baba0rum.rar (196.58 MB)

V.2 This one is already done for you just put it in your FAT 32 USB: PS3UPDAT.PUP (196.6 MB)

Don't forget to RENAME To go to Normal 4.80 to PS3UPDAT.PUP just like that in CAPS Format your USB to FAT 32 UPDATE VIA RECOVERY MODE

Hi i need some help i have a ps3 demo unit with 4.80 update. I put the code to unlock demo but i can't play online. There is a way to play online? Sorry i am newby

The 4.80 demo/kiosk firmware reverter is located in the post right above yours, once you download it follow the guide HERE starting with 'How to update via USB stick' and you should end up with a fully functioning retail 4.80 PS3 console to play online.

Good luck! :cool:

Hi , i tried to install 4.80 reverter by Recovery but i just got The Data is corrupted (8002F2E4) ...

does it only for CFW , and i am on OFW 4.80 right now and does this firmware working on 3K or 4K models?

sorry but i am too n00b , its a truth all of us was n00b one day.

Welcome @TheHSN! The 4.80 Reverter is for those who are on 4.80 Shop Firmware (also known as Demo or 'SEX' Firmware) and don't want to keep entering the unlock code to use it.

If you are on 4.80 OFW (retail) then the error you received sounds about right as it won't revert Retail Firmware back to itself. ;)

So right now your PS3 is on 4.80 Demo mode, and you tried both of these links and it doesn't bring you back to 4.80 OFW (non-Demo) mode?

What happens when you try running them on the PS3 console?

So right now your PS3 is on 4.80 Demo mode, and you tried both of these links and it doesn't bring you back to 4.80 OFW (non-Demo) mode?

What happens when you try running them on the PS3 console?
If i try to update through recovery mode it tells me that their is no applicable update found. When i try through the ps3 OS they both give me error 80029C55

My model is 30004A

Error 80029C55 means the following according to Sony and wikis:

80029C55 PS3 Error Code

0x80029c55 - Error occurred while accessing storage media.

The PS3 system is unable to read the system software update file on a game disc or an external media device, such as a USB drive or a Memory Stick Duo.
  • If updating using a game disc, make sure the disc is clean and free of scratches. If the disc has deep or excessive scratches, it may need to be replaced.
  • If updating using external media, download the system software update file again or try another external media device.
That said, did you name it correctly and place it in the correct path (/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP) on your USB stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back