Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter camdonking       2      
Status
Not open for further replies.

camdonking

Contributor
hello everyone, I just downgraded my first PS3 today and as far as i can tell, everything went Ok. When I turn on the PS3 i get the "Connect your controller" screen. I was following playerkp420 guide and became confused with the A or B part.

What I'm unsure of is, do I have to upgrade to OFW 3.55 first before going to cfw? Or can I just Install the latest Rebug 4.81?

I have a 2501a system and when i patched it, it said the lowest firmware it could go down to is 3.41, so I assume that's what the firmware the PS3 is on now? it was initially on ofw 4.75

thanks in advance

If you did it yourself then you should know what firmware you have installed, you shouldn't need to assume or guess. If you haven't installed a firmware then you are still on 4.75 OFW, and have patched the flash so that it will accept a CFW to be installed.

If you have used the method which requires you to access factory service mode then you should install a downgrader pup. If you have used noFSM method then just install install a 4.81 CFW and you will be good to go.

Hey Daza, thanks for replying. You are correct, I have not installed a Firmware. Im not familiar with the noFSM or FSM methods, but a FSM would require a dongle right?

I just used the e3 flasher to obtain a few dumps, checked them, patched one, and reflashed. After, reflashing in currently get a screen saying "connect controller." so i should just put the rebug 4.81 on a usb and do option 6 (system update)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back