previous update, today PlayStation 3 developer @zecoxao shared a PS3 XDR RAM Dumper with some related Tweets from his Twitter below.
Download: UP0001-ZZZZ00001_00-PS3RAMDUMPER0000.pkg (100 KB)
Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS for the heads up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox!
Finally, in related PlayStation 3 hacking news Robbie Luong made available a homebrew application to retrieve the PS3 developer key easy, with details below to quote:
Download: kc.zip / KC_Alternate.zip (Updated for 4.81)
what this is?
what is developer key?
- an application to retrieve developer key
why get key?
- a key game maker has put in game to unlock other games files
gamer can unlock game files to make off line cheats, etc
how this works?
what someone needs to use this?
- patches lv1 protection of lv2
- patches lv2 system call 4-7-0 to save key in lv2 memory space
how to use?
- custom firmware with peek and poke lv1 and lv2
- made to work on rebug 421 and tested
- for rebug 480 made also but not tested
- user should study source and check compatibility
- usb drive to save keys
what this does not do?
- install application package on playstation
- start application
- after it exits start game
- after exit game start application again
- it saves keys to front usb drive
- can repeat
- version 0 saves key and files name
- can save 8 keys each time
- version 60 saves key
- can save 60 keys each time
- to remove patches turn off playstation as normal
Update: This is a simple lv2 payload for retrieving the developer key which is used to load game files. This version is for custom firmware that has lv2 protection already patched.
- does not enable playing games that don't work. if you already tried to play game, but this games crashes playstation it will still crash.
- does not read or write any files on flash
- does not read or write any files on devflash
- does not write to playstation hard drive
- does not install linux
- does not use network or internet
- does not use monitor
For rebug and similar custom firmware with lv2 protection patch not already applied use the version in the rebug forums.
does not read or write to dev flash, flash, hdd, network, or monitor
- install pkg
- run pkg from ps3 menu
- run game from ps3 menu
- run pkg again with usb stick in front port
- dev key is saved to file on usb stick
- can repeat
- version for 4.21 tested
- versions for 4.80 and 4.81 untested