Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter Ed94       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed94

Contributor
I just want to make sure there has not been any updates in being able to bypass firmware updates. I just obtained KH2.8 and currently can't play as the game requires firmware 4.01, I am on 3.55. I'm planning on having a playthrough party however with someone else's ps4. Its kind of a pain tho.. :cry:

6v0y4T7.jpg

So Tempting...

You aren't missing much unfortunately :pensive:

There are a few links here for the PS4 Game Minimum Firmware Versions, and the latest PSProxy v4.1.0.0 still doesn't work for connecting to PSN... with the last we heard on it being the developer @RedEyeX32 may release the PSProxy source code:

As mentioned HERE even the PS4 1.76 Spoofers won't allow those users (who have jailbroken 1.76 consoles) to change the minimum required Firmware for PS4 games... so the wait continues. :nolove:

Thx for the replies. I'll see after the playthrough party, I love the game but I'm honestly not even done with my level 1 runs on 2.5 (*** Terra, and the Hades Cup, and mysterious figure aqua on BBS) . Plus I got other projects to worry about at Uni, Smash + Monogame.

As soon as psproxy goes and opens up their source code though, I'll see what in the world that is doing to bypass updates. I think the only way to properly bypass a disc required update though is to rip the game, find where the hell they store the firmware/check, and then just change the data there with hex or something to the firmware level you need.

That or at least know where the addresses are for checking the firmware required for the disc, from either the PS4, or the disc itself. Then somehow get it to skip the process.
(Prob possible with the 1.76 exploit or the recent one with failoverflow for 4.05)

Hopefully the jailbroken firmwares can find something out about that when they look into game rips more... I hope it doesn't take until the those interested in hardware emulation look into data structure for reading game rips.

If I did I would not kill myself over it to much since it is 4.01... I think when KH3 hits though I may not be able to contain myself...:cry: (Might buy a crap tier beat up ps4 just for it off ebay.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back