Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following their PS4 Game Dumping Tutorial, some PS4 PKG Installation Methods and a Function Alternative console modders e✘treme-Modding.de have detailed a PlayStation 4 Package (PKG Database) installation file overview from the OMSK Application contents for those interested. :geek:

To quote, roughly translated: PKG Installation Info - File Overview [NPXS29005 Dump]

After installing a .pkg file, certain folders and files are created on the hard disk of the PS4. When you run an installed application, the content is loaded into the sandbox. The complete content of the OMSK app was read to show an overview of the files of an application.

After the installation, folders with the following files are created:
  • System_data / priv / appmeta / NPXS29005 / ext_info.dat
  • System_data / priv / appmeta / NPXS29005 / param.sfo
  • User / app / NPXS29005 / app.pbm
  • User / app / NPXS29005 / app.pkg
  • User / appmeta / NPXS29005 / icon0.png
  • User / appmeta / NPXS29005 / pic0.dds
  • User / appmeta / NPXS29005 / pic0.png
  • User / appmeta / NPXS29005 / pic1.dds
  • User / appmeta / NPXS29005 / pic1.png
  • User / appmeta / NPXS29005 / pronunciation.xml
  • User / license / freeIV0001-NPXS29005_00.rif
(Info: the .rif file contains the permission to start the application)

After launching the application, the following files are loaded into the sandbox:
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0 / config.cfg
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0 / eboot.bin
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0 / sce_discmap.plt
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0 / prx / libSceSecure.prx
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0 / sce_module / libc.prx
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0 / sce_module / libSceFios2.prx
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0 / sce_sys / about / right.sprx
  • Mnt / sandbox / pfsmnt / NPXS29005-app0-nest / pfs_image.dat
(Info: the .dat file contains the files that are loaded into the folder NPXS29005-app0)

The OMSK app is the only known PKG which runs on 1.76 Retail. The app was read with PS4FileNinja and the content of the .dat file was unpacked with ArchiveExplorer. ;)
PS4 4.05 PKG INSTALL
Someone told me this is not working yet. That is not correct. PKG installs fine. The problem is you would need a license file to play the content. PKG must be on root of USB just like on 1.76. Exciting times....

Activating OMSK Demon in 5.55 (OFW) and Online
Download: IV0001-NPXS29005_00-OMSKCLIENTV00100.pkg (28.8 MB) / IV0001-NPXS29005_00-OMSKCLIENTV00100.rif (1.0 KB)
Download: IV0001-NPXS29005_00-OMSKCLIENTV00100.pkg (28.8 MB) / IV0001-NPXS29005_00-OMSKCLIENTV00100.rif (1.0 KB)
Installing PKG with the OMSK demon, without Debug Setting
Installing OMSK On 5.55
PS4 5.05 UI Mods & OMSK Demon For 5.55
OMSK App PS4 Package (PKG) Installation File Overview by eXtreme.jpg

Comments

"There are ways to install pkg files"

Maybe with the backup injector like in ps3.

If there is a way for all in 1.76, it will fast transferred to a newer exploit.

But I think there dont come a cfw, we will get a Hen like the Vita.

I do have a question though, I know that if packages can be installed, and there had been a previous post about consoles on 1.76 being 'spoofed' is there a pkg out in the wild that would be able to do that??

cause at least being stuck on 1.76 waiting wouldn't be so bad so games could be loaded with no issue... (i'm stuck so i'm desperate lol)

It's interesting that the OMSK PKG runs on 1.76 Retail consoles, from wpvrn roughly translated:

To study the information: After the transition to IDU system diligently tries to download and install 2 file:
The license file, and I opened the port on the rif file and installed it! Thus, using the proxy, you can redirect requests for files full game license! We need to find them and download!
This loop omsk can be activated by installing the debug settings is not to go new in 1.76 the debug mode. Then within the debug functions it is only necessary to navigate to where IDU MODE says and set the value to YES.

The console will restart .. but eye you can stay in an update loop and not show anything in the menu .. if this happens you have to do a combination of keys in the control to remove the console from said loop ..

What you propose is viable for the execution of games, you can activate any package in 1.76 by kxploit to be executed in version 1.76 and later versions 4.05 only with modify the .rif

I do have a question though, I know that if packages can be installed, and there had been a previous post about consoles on 1.76 being 'spoofed' is there a pkg out in the wild that would be able to do that??

cause at least being stuck on 1.76 waiting wouldn't be so bad so games could be loaded with no issue... (i'm stuck so i'm desperate lol)
All I've seen on that is what's posted HERE and HERE, according to @zecoxao in the latter article though... "it won't allow you to change the Minimum Required Firmware for PS4 Games as the PKG keys are different... and for PSN access you'll also need to spoof index.dat and X-Passphrase."

So for the moment, all that PS4 spoof does is stop the PlayStation 4 console from nagging to update... it's a start, but there is a long way to go even for 1.76'ers :meh:

You need to install OMSK on the console, with an Internet connection, theoretically it will start to upload the latest news and DEMO of the game along with rif files. These files and references you need to intercept. Also, try these steps in the mode of Retail and IDU.

By the way PSN in the mode of IDU seems to be blocked.

All I've seen on that is what's posted HERE and HERE, according to @zecoxao in the latter article though... "it won't allow you to change the Minimum Required Firmware for PS4 Games as the PKG keys are different... and for PSN access you'll also need to spoof index.dat and X-Passphrase."

So for the moment, all that PS4 spoof does is stop the PlayStation 4 console from nagging to update... it's a start, but there is a long way to go even for 1.76'ers :meh:
For me, I'm just hoping that it would allow me to play discs, I know that spoofing wouldn't really give me much, but I figured if 1 thing works then maybe the other would then work too, it's a really strange (frustrating) situation

Hi, all of this is also the backup of a made from another console with soft lower 5.55, I did so I dumped from the second ps4 with soft 5.05 to my ps4 pro with soft 5.55

Backup OMSK 5.05 - 5.55 (YouTube Channel: Warez PL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back