Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 20, 2017 at 12:48 AM       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since PlayStation 4 v4.50 Firmware Update went live, many users including @jpkb1997 (who let us know HERE) have experienced network errors from WiFi connectivity issues, and below are some temporary fixes until Sony officially addresses the problem. ;)

According to Sony's PlayStation Error Code site, if you are receiving a NW-31297-2 error it means unable to connect to the wireless network.

To quote: "Could not connect to the Wi-Fi network because the Wi-Fi password is not correctly set on the PS4, or the wireless network is busy.

Go to [Settings] > [Network] > [Set up Internet Connection] to configure the network settings again.

If the error only occurs in a limited period of time, the wireless network may be busy and preventing the connection. Try disconnecting other devices from the wireless network and retry internet connection test at [Settings] > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection]. If you cannot disconnect other devices from the wireless network, try the internet connection test on PS4 later."

PlayStation 4 user Dead-Sync who updated to System Software 4.50 alongside a host of other sites including MobiPicker.com, UberGizmo.com and WWG.com have also reported similar PS4 WiFi connection issues so below are some temporary fixes courtesy of Kotaku.com:

To quote: There are a couple of temporary workarounds that will at least make online games playable for those affected.
  • Switch your wireless router’s signal support from B/G/N to just B/G. This workaround requires accessing your wireless router’s internal settings. Normally this is achieved by typing the IP address of your wireless router (often 192.168.1.1) into your web browser and entering the username and password. If all else fails, search the web for instructions.
  • In the case of my router, the Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000, disabling the N band required going into wireless settings and changing the mode from “Up to 600Mbps” to “Up to 54Mbps.”
  • Upon making this change and restarting my router, I was able to connect to a room in The King of Fighters XIV immediately.
  • Some users are reporting success after either disabling their router’s wireless password or switching security from WPA2 to something else. I would not recommend compromising your wireless security. Maybe skip this, and try option three.
  • If all else fails, connect your PlayStation 4 physically via a network cable. If this solution were in any way convenient we wouldn’t be worrying about wireless connections at all, but some folks just can’t deal with cables all over the place.
nb8fvo2qtx7garfwr7vj.jpg

It anyone else is experiencing 4.50 PS4 connectivity issues or has any additional work-arounds or solutions let us know in the comments below! (y)
PS4 4.50 Firmware Update Network Error  WiFi Issue Fixes.jpg

Comments

I'm not just experiancing Wi-Fi issues i have also got crashes that cause me to need to need turn off my console. this is bad. i can't play a single game!

for those who have a problem in their PS4 not detecting their Access Point just change the Canal in the Wirless Security Settings on your router it will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back