PS4 OFW update which revealed an Unlimited PSN Gamesharing Hardware Method, and as expected today Sony officially moved the Sasuke 4.50 Beta 4 to a Final PUP release after some minor hiccups along the way!
Download: PS4 Firmware 4.50 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.50 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.50 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.50 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.50 Update (JP)
We've covered most of the PlayStation 4 System Software 4.50 feature details already, noting some restrictions on the external USB 3.0 HDD.
We do know that PS4 4.50 Firmware patches Cyber Gadget's PS4 Save Editor, and also comes with version 2.40 of the PlayStation VR Firmware which includes support for 3D Blu-ray discs with the official changelog below:
Main features in version 4.50 update
Other features in version 4.50
- You can now use a USB storage device to install applications, or move applications from your PS4's system storage. The following USB storage devices can be used. Select (Settings) > [Devices] > [USB Storage Devices], select the connected USB storage device, and then format it for use as extended storage.
- External hard disk drive
- USB 3.0 or later
- 250 GB minimum, 8 TB maximum capacity
- The quick menu is now more user friendly. Creating, joining, and other party features are even easier to access.
- (Notifications) has been redesigned. All notifications now appear in a single list.
- When using Remote Play on a Windows® PC, Mac, Xperia™ Smartphone, or Xperia™ Tablet, you can now use your device's microphone for voice chat in games or in parties.
- You can now use screenshots to customize the background of your home screen and function screen. Select (Settings) > [Themes] > [Select Theme] > [Custom].
- You can now post screenshots directly to activities, such as those shown in [What's New]. Press the SHARE button, select [Screenshot], and then select [Activities] as the upload destination.Also, you can now tag games and fellow players.
- You can now post animated GIFs to activities and social applications.
- Your status is now visible as (Mobile) when you sign in to an application such as (PlayStation App), even when you are away from your PS4 system. This means you are available to communicate with Friends.
- You can now make a party public or private even after the party has been created. Select (Party) > [Party Settings] > [Party Privacy].
- PlayStation VR now supports Blu-ray 3D™ content.
- The PS4 system you use to sign in to PlayStation Network for the first time is now automatically activated as your primary PS4 system.
- As a parent or guardian, you can now easily create sub accounts for your children when creating your master account.
- You can now upload or download saved data right from the home screen. Press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Upload/Download Saved Data].
- You now have the option to share screenshots on PlayStation Network. When sharing, you can also adjust privacy settings.
- You can now launch (SHAREfactory) right from (Capture Gallery). Press the OPTIONS button while viewing (Capture Gallery), and then select [Edit in SHAREfactory].
- You can now change the color of your profile screen to match the cover image. On your profile screen, select (Options) > [Change Cover Image] > [Change Background Color].
- When reporting inappropriate content, you can now preview your report before sending.
- The design of (PS4 Remote Play) for Xperia™ has been updated.
- When you receive a partyinvitation, you can now respond from (Messages) or (PS Messages) with a quick reply.
- Your profile screen cover image on your PS4 system is now displayed in (PS Messages).
- Cinematic mode image quality on PlayStation VR has been improved.
- Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the United States and other countries. "Xperia™" is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB. "Blu-ray 3D™" is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Rough translation: [PS4 Controller] We have confirmed that the patch code can not be applied correctly when updating the PS4 console to the latest system software "4.50." We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we are currently using the PS4 version editor When updating to "4.50", please do not update to "4.50".
Cheers to @raedoob, @gammerfordement for the tip and @guido970 for the heads-up moments ago in the PSXHAX Shoutbox!