Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM       251      
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those following, this discussion is moved from the ongoing PS4 6.XX JSC_ConcatMemcpy WebKit Exploit POC thread and based on the Tweets below is not to be confused with M0rph3us1987's 35c3 Speech later this month. :ninja:

While there is no ETA just yet, established PlayStation scene developer @zecoxao announced on Twitter the following from the embedded Tweets below to quote:

"Top Secret method for ps4 6.02 coming soon..." followed by "reminding everyone that this is a method, NOT an exploit. it'll only be good for things like games, nothing else" and also "once it's patched, it'll be over again."

This rumored 6.02 PlayStation 4 method has also been confirmed as working on 6.20 now, and comes following both the Method to Handle PS4 Fake PKGs & SELF / FSELF and PS4 PKG Install from Internal HDD via FTP & BGFT Method by PS4 scene developer @flatz.

PS4 6.02 Top Secret Method for Games Rumored Incoming via Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

Zecoxao is a dev and has helped me so he is truthful in what he says nice guy

Good evening, great friends and lucky people for this excellent news ... But apparently this method will not have anything to do with the exploit, right?

But saying that already runs in version 6.20 this will already be a huge risk ... I just hope that this method works with app2usb to be able to pass the new games to the external disks .... and that he come here we are waiting :) Already a Merry Christmas to all :)

So let me know if I'm understanding this right.

The original brazil hack required that games you own be downloaded on a primary activated console. It also only worked with digital games, correct? So if we're getting a 2.0 of that hack, then it seems that we will have a limited timeframe to download games.

Because if the brazil hack works as I stated then we will need psn to download the digital games that we own, to then share with others. When they patch out the exploit we won't be able to sign in so we're stuck sharing what we already have downloaded. And when it comes to games that have yet to come out that have a 6.20 or lower fw, we won't be able to get them because we would need to sign in, in order to download it.

So it would probably be a worthwhile method for those already past 5.05, but probably not for those considering updating from 5.05 with it being a limited window.

This all being if it is indeed a brazil 2.0 hack and if my understanding of the original hack is correct.

So... this will allows us to eventually obtain 'fake' PKGs of more recent games like the Spyro trilogy? I've been wanting to examine it's FS for a while..

It'll be better when those who claim to have such exploits or methods to run unsigned code post their findings... I'm sure it'll give others an idea how to approach tackling such task in future as a learning exercise.

Not gonna use this if it requires me to update to 6.02 just to play a few new games, i'd stick to 5.05 with already hundreds of games to play, i still have a massive backlog anyways lol!, still, assuming that this method tricks 6.02 games to run on kexploit 5.05 is highly unlikely.

Is Sony gonna patch the method if we are using 6.02 ? if so how ? there is a higher firmware which released couple days ago I think 6.20, correct me if I'm wrong as long as we are using 6.02 we are offline and disconnected from PSN which is impossible for Sony to patch the method. Am I correct ?

nobody can answer this, because you have to know how the method works to give a definitive answer.

Maybe the method needs a psn connection - idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back