Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM       251      
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those following, this discussion is moved from the ongoing PS4 6.XX JSC_ConcatMemcpy WebKit Exploit POC thread and based on the Tweets below is not to be confused with M0rph3us1987's 35c3 Speech later this month. :ninja:

While there is no ETA just yet, established PlayStation scene developer @zecoxao announced on Twitter the following from the embedded Tweets below to quote:

"Top Secret method for ps4 6.02 coming soon..." followed by "reminding everyone that this is a method, NOT an exploit. it'll only be good for things like games, nothing else" and also "once it's patched, it'll be over again."

This rumored 6.02 PlayStation 4 method has also been confirmed as working on 6.20 now, and comes following both the Method to Handle PS4 Fake PKGs & SELF / FSELF and PS4 PKG Install from Internal HDD via FTP & BGFT Method by PS4 scene developer @flatz.

PS4 6.02 Top Secret Method for Games Rumored Incoming via Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

@twostepmic nope, it’s definitely not.

@gammerfordement @Hacking4life for that we need decryption on the 6.xx console. This will be pure backups and no homebrew, so no dumping tools and no method for decryption.

And if there was a way to dump decrypted you would have to hope the development kit used was lower than 5.05 or that the modules are compatible.

Whatever it is im patiently awaiting its release checking every so often very curious to how the method works ... ps4scene needs a lil fire once and awhile. the emulating power on ps4 is mouthwatering ...

@Koh23 fpkg = dumped, decrypted by console, and signed back to a pkg with a fake key.

This new method won’t allow for decryption, they won’t be “dumped”, won’t be installable through pkg installer afaik.

I think it’s going to be a swap out method, not as drastic as Brazilian method 1.0 with NOR swap, but with a PSN donor game already installed or something.... I think it’s way over hyped and if patched quickly will fall flat.

This is my speculation btw. I have no inside info.

my questions on all this is if we did update to 6.02 or 6.20 as this is the two firmwares confirmed this so called "method" works on will all the original FPKG's we have installed still be playable due to having to implement the Kexploit to make the console think they are owned version?

also the PSN FPKG's would they be playable or will all those PKG's have to be re dumped allow the "method" to work?

If you think about it, if you update for this “method” you will be stuck on that firmware forever. Then word gets out and POW patched by Sony. All done. Since it’s a method and not a exploit, you will more than likely be stuck with a more limited console and no jailbreak.

Thinking this is a method for if you have/want a extra console. But who knows.....

@maverickuk1
From my understanding the fpkgs are like dev mode and that’s why saves won’t work natively. And others things too of course

I don't get what use this method will be if it does not include a way to dump 5.5+ games. Will we have to wait for some mysterious Russian hacker to dump those newer games to the net?

If it's more of a swap method, then I don't get that either. Can PS4 Bluray discs be copied?

And what's with the disclaimer that "this method will stop working once $ony patches it"? Don't all exploits come with that disclaimer built in?

I'm feeling much less optimistic at this point about this method. Hopefully, Morpheus' info will provide more hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back