Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
PlayStation 4 hacker cfwprophet revealed a PS4 PSN trick to unlimited share games, which is likely how some dubious Shops in Brazil are selling packages of PlayStation 4 PSN games for use on JailBroken PS4 consoles under PS4 Firmware 2.51.

To quote: Well as some of you already have noticed there was something on going in the underground of PS4 scene, and yes, I already posted on Twitter and informed peoples about but just for a few I recognized that my pastie post for the method got deleted meanwhile peoples start to write me pm's on twitter, asking me about that whole stuff and i have to repeat everything for x-times.

Therefore I decided to write a post about it here on psh.it. Before I go on to explain a few things and to Yada Yada about some other stuff I'll post the method first:

:alert: This Method seems to be already Patched and may Perma BLoD (aka. Perma Brick) your PS4 !! Do NOT Try That on Your Console !! I'm not held for any Damage that may happen to your Console truth this method !! :alert:

1. Buy a PSN Game on Master Console and download it

2. Connect Slave Console to PSN, create Account from Master Console, activate Slave Console and download the game

3. Dump the NOR Flash of Slave Console with Tools like Teensy++ or the Pi (let us call that dump from now on ActivatedDMP)

4. Boot Slave Console, Connect to PSN and Deactivate the Con

5. Write the ActivatedDMP back to the NOR of Slave Console

6. Have Profit, the Process can now be repeated on any other PS4 without losing one of the three official PSN Game Share methods

This is what i got and what i also got confirmed that this is the Trick. Additional i got confirmed that it is allready patched on FW 2.50 and Games where blocked and not playable anymore.

And on 2.51 it even can brick your console and she will Perma BLoD then and you won't be able to fix that !! Even not with an previous made original Dump of your PS4's NOR Flash.

I for myself have not tested it cause i did not know previous about it and right now have a Perma BLod'd PS4 which got sent back to Sony and i payed them 198€ to get a new one in exchange. It is my only PS4 right now so i won't risk here again as long i don't have some more cons to play around.

Then there seems to be someone in Brazil which also seems to sell this or a similar method and peoples asking me how and why and what ever.

I can understand you guys and your situation and i feel with you but i DO NOT recommend to any one to test this method. If your still willing to risk your con and do test that method, do not blame me for it the moment your PS4 start to BLoD.

:arrow: Update: 16.05.2015 00:34am - Well we heard a view suggestions what could may be the missing link but still nothing that would be solid. Anyway i will share what i could find out, what others have posted and what think personal. To be as much political correct as possible, I'll declare all additions to the method as a "Claim"

Claim1: The Board version is the Key

It was told that it is dependend to the board version if the Trick will work or not. So SAA Mainboards will work and SAB will not work.

[14:13:06] Marcelo Alves: Esse eo modelo que esta dando blink Sab-001 1-893-625-11
[14:42:28] Marcelo Alves: Essa ea que esta dando sucesso Saa-001 1-889-352-21

where "Sab-001 1-893-625-11" is not a legit number, maybe a typo ? should be? "Sab-001 1-898-625-11"

Claim2: "no leak of missing link but more info"

Well, i have to be sorry but we don't have the or one possible missing link here but i got some more information:

1. The method posted above (5 steps) is the reall method but missing a importend step and you shall not download any game before the "missing link" step was done.

2. The Board version do not matter. It also works on SAB Motherboards.

3. It still works on 2.51 FW.

4. The sellers of the method do not give any warranty of future update that they won't brick your console or block all games.

Now to the correction of the method:

1. Buy a PSN Game on Master Console
2. Connect Slave Console to PSN, create Account from Master Console, activate Slave Console
3. Dump the NOR Flash of Slave Console with Tools like Teensy++ or the Pi (let us call that dump from now on ActivatedDMP)
4. Boot Slave Console, Connect to PSN and Deactivate the Con
5. Write the ActivatedDMP back to the NOR of Slave Console
6. Missing Link

7. Have Profit, the Process can now be repeated on any other PS4 without losing one of the three official PSN Game Share methods

My personal thought: I do more count onto the Claim2 in case off they guy which told me about the PS4 PSN Trick, paid for a similar trick for a other console, which i checked and which was true.

So which reason have those seller, which sold a similar trick for a other console and which was also true, to lie about the ps4 trick in main and in case of missing piece, mainboard and fw version ? He even said "Don't do, it won't work cause your missing something".

From will23: I've found many PS4 for sale with 10 games in Brazil, all of them half price Sony advertises (regular price on official stores for R$4.000, with 10 games included, they are selling for R$2.000). A non-jailbreaked PS4 in grey market can still be found at R$1.600,00.

The sellers are advertising it as "jailbroken PS4". Well, if i ever get enough spare time, i will go to the store to see if with my own eyes.

It's not clear for me if it's a single seller, or if there's more than one. But all of them offers the same games:
  • Minecraft
  • COD
  • Bloodborne
  • Driveclub
  • FIFA 15
  • GTA V
  • Mortal Kombat
  • PES 2015
  • The Order
  • Tomb Raider
Usually, each of these games costs around R$170,00, so the games values as much as it is charged for these PS4 on grey market. Don't know if it is still a good option, what may happen if one updates the firmware? I believe these games and consoles will be banned soon.

There's one seller that clearly states not update firmware above 2.5 for games he is sharing. Others does not mention anything, to be honest these guys don't explain much, it's like walking on extreme fog at night.

This method looks like an improvement from the old common game sharing popular in Brazil sites. What these guys are doing is
  • buying a PSN game
  • deactivating master account from PS4
  • the buyer just needs to log in using the deactivated master account
  • download the game
  • deactivate the master use
Then, theoretically, buyer could be playing this PSN game in his own account.

I'm not sure how many times it would be possible to sell the same game, but with this method explained here looks like it can be done indefinitely.

Well, if someone is really interested in buying this kind of game sharing, you'd better rush. Sony has sent some lawyers behind these stores, probably since end of last month. I'm glad you made the method public, now we don't rely exclusively on these guys.

One guy is still selling PS4 "jailbreaked" with 10 games, who knows for how long. I don't know if it still works, cause i was told that Sony digital games, now, can be used at only one console (PS4 or PS3) and 1 Vita, as reported by industry association (ACIGAMES). How did Sony improved this control, i don't know.

The fac-simile below notifies some sellers that they are breaking rules about copyright.

In Sao Paulo theres a district known as Santa Efigênia, it's part of our downtown, where there are many tiny eletronic shops, they sell almost anything, particularly easy to find gray market products, usually without taxes collected, so prices uses to be very low.

In this district you can leave your PS4 so these "shared" games can be installed, usually up to ten or eleven games, at your choice. Price is around R$300 (or something like US$100), it takes up to 5 days to get your PS4 back. Payment should be made always cash, cause if we use a credit card, fiscal authorities can easily track these guys.

When you get your PS4 back, you get an extra account in your PS4, that cannot be deleted. it's this account that originally holds games you backup.

Not much is mentioned about firmware upgrades, i think they still don't know either, and probably a future firmware may block all these. As stated by these sellers, method seems to be exactly what cfwprophet explained us, with the help of a raspberry Pi.

From ricardo.rodrigues22, roughly translated: Pick an account to activate it in my console and dump the device. After that go and remove the user, done that use the dump with the activated account. The zecoxao man much he could teach us.

More rumors incoming to do this psn trick without open the console.

From Abkarino: So from what i see we just need some confirmation about if this trick still work in 2.51 SAA motherboards or not, and since i did not have 2 PS4 consoles here to test :(

From vigilanteendiurno: Here is my (NOR) dump: DUMP.bin

From zecoxao: Apparently it's a model thing. the model that works will always work, and the model that fails will always fail :) Nothing is missing... the method is proper.

SAA motherboards work.
SAB motherboards don't work.

It's as simple as that. A guy called Marcelo Alves tested what i'm telling you right now. 20 models work and 4 models with BLOD. The 4 models are ALL SAB.

[14:13:06] Marcelo Alves: This and the model that is giving Sat blink-001 1-893-625-11
[14:42:28] Marcelo Alves: This and that this giving Saa-001 1-889-352-21 success

Also, stop with this crap I did this I did that. The guy behind the trick is SONIC_BH, as you should know already. I deserve no credit for it :(

Finally, from gomomo11: When you deactivate your account, it registers it in your hdd and in your NOR chip, therefor writing back the NOdump to your chip isn't enough because it's registered on your hdd that your account has been deactivated.

I tried this on PS3 yesterday. If you want it to work try this. First, you need 2 hdd (hdd1 and hdd2).

1- Download the games on both hdd (1 and 2).
2- Activate your PS4 as primary account on hdd1.
3- Dump your NOR.
4- Switch to hdd2
5- Log into PSN and deactivate your account
6- Rewrite your NOR to the chip
7- Switch to hdd1
8- Don't login into your PSN account or the games will lock, so create a new PS4 user.
9- Games should be unlocked and your PS4 isn't register as primary.
10- Repeat this process to as many ps4 as you like.
11- ??? profit

This said method was tried by me yesterday on a PS3 (CECH-3001A) and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back