Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
By now you've probably read about the PS4 PSN Trick and Sony's attempt to stop PlayStation 4 JailBreaking in Brazil, but according to a Brazilian news site (linked above) you can get a PS4 JailBreak fix starting at $300 with a FAQ below.

Thanks to filipezwicker for the tip, and to quote roughly translated: "For prices starting from $ 300, backups comes to PlayStation 4 in Brazil

backups allows games to be copied on hundreds of islands, the price of each game comes out between R $ 30 and R $ 35.

As usual, the surroundings Street March 25, in downtown São Paulo, were crowded with people. There are various shops and galleries that sell thousands of products and comrades prices. The region is also known for marketing products of dubious origin. It was there that the UOL games found at least four assists techniques that claim to unlock the PlayStation 4.

Amid mobile phones, tablets and video games, platelets appear with the words "Unlocking the PlayStation 4 R $ 400."

WHAT ARE SHARED ACCOUNTS?

The accounts sharing scheme existed for some time, however, Sony limits the number of consoles that can be shared accounts. Currently you can share your PS4's account within two games. Thus, groups of friends gather to buy games and split the bill in three persons. That is, a game like "Mortal Kombat X" can be purchased for R $ 84.

I ask the attendant of the stores if the PS4 is unlocked and he confirms with a nod. "But unlocking it? It is not shared account?". He responds promptly: "It is account sharing is the same release, really.".

How it works

"You let your game here and we put 10 games on your HD", begins to explain the attendant. "We put a chip on your board PS4, we connect our laptop to the chip, formatted the hard drive and copied video games. After that, we removed the chip and deliver the device," he says. Simple like that.

The seller shows such a chip, which is nothing less than a Raspberry Pi. It is a microcomputer of the size of a match box, and can be programmed to do many things, including such a "release" PlayStation 4.

According to the official, using a special program and the "chip", technicians can make you play any game of the PlayStation 4. More than that, the games can be updated normally and to work in multiplayer. "You can play online and even Sony will know if you are playing an original game or not," promises. The procedure usually takes at least three days.

In another shop, which charges £ 300 for unlocking, the seller was offering more games and explained the system in a more convincing manner. "What we do is turn a PS4 into a clone of another PS4. The layout copy [data] bios and processor and replicates in other video games.

So everything a PS4 purchase, can be copied to another. This scheme cloning is much better than shared account, because you buy every game for R $ 30 R $ 35, "calculates the seller.

The seller then warns that the video hard disk will be formatted, so everything is installed must be downloaded again on PSN, official network of PlayStation 4. Made the process, you get the game back to the installed games.

This cloning system allows the service to buy the game just once, but to replicate it in hundreds of other consoles - and as there is practically no expenditure on parts and the like, the release ends up becoming very lucrative for service.

In downtown São Paulo there are several shops with imported products and also assists techniques that make unlocking the PlayStation 4.

But will it work? Yes

It was at this store, by R $ 300, the UOL Games has left a PS4 to be unlocked with a delivery time for there five days. "We have many devices to do," said the clerk, "Every day has gotten a 10 'Play 4' to make the scheme, there is a row," said the seller.

I went to pick up the machine and the power it still in the store, I noticed that there were two registered accounts. "They [the accounts] are part of the unlocking. They can not be erased by that if you do this, the games will be deleted as well, "he explained the same seller.

The seller initiated "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare", which functioned normally, and then "FIFA 15", which also rolled as an original copy.

NOT RELEASE, BUT IS backups

The cloning system offered in downtown Sao Paulo is not unlock, but it's still backups and as such, the user and the merchant are acting against the law. The qualification of backups as a crime is in the Criminal Code, Art. 184, which talks about the violation of copyright and that are related. The penalty for distributing or purchase arising from backups products is imprisonment for three months to one year or a fine set by the judge.

The release is normally sold with a predetermined number of games. If the consumer wants some other game in the future, we must take the PS4 to the store and pay $ 50 for each title - not bad, considering that the original games currently spend of £ 200 each.

Business in China? No, Russia

According to the seller, the release scheme PlayStation 4 has been created in Russia. "And you can speak Russian?" I asked. "No, but it does have website translation".

With the game in hand it was time to do more tests. Some days of testing later, the games continued to operate normally, including upgrading and multiplayer.

Cloning a PlayStation 4 any one of the UOL Games consoles, was made with 12 games, including quite popular titles like "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," "FIFA 15", "PES 2015", "Bloodborne" and "Mortal Kombat X ".

If they were bought in the formal market, the games would cost at least R $ 1,700, ie the saved scheme, at least about US $ 1,400.

On the machine there is virtually no more room for new games - are left only 50 GB of free space.

What does Sony say?

We look for Sony to talk about it and clarify what are the possible sanctions that the company may take against a user to use the unlocking service. The company, however, did not answer any of the questions.

Therefore, it is unclear whether and when the scheme enthusiasts may face sanctions such as a ban on PSN, if detected in future PS4 system updates.

The UOL Games put the PlayStation 4 unlocked available to Sony, since the procedure was performed for strictly journalistic purposes. If the company does not want to collect the console, accounts and games will be deleted.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

How much?
R $ 300 to R $ 400.

How many games are installed?
10 to 12.

Can I choose the games?
No. The games are defined by the stores.

I can play games and original applications?
Yes. The system PlayStation 4 unlocked does not change. You'll have to deal with the lack of space on the device's hard drive, which will hold about 50 GB free.

How do I install new backup games?
You need to take the appliance to the store to install new games.

How much does a new pirate game?
R $ 30 to R $ 50, depending on the store.

Can I delete a pirate game?
Yes. The process is the same as an original game.

If I delete a pirate game, I can download it again?
No. Only the store where you made the unlock can install backup games on a PlayStation 4 unlocked.

Can I change the hard drive of my PS4 by another with more space?
If you change the console's hard drive, you need to unlock again.

Can I play with my account?
Yes. The process of adding accounts is identical to a PlayStation 4 blocked.

Run the risk of being blocked and prevented from playing online?
According to the stores surveyed, no. However, Sony did not comment on the matter, so you can not know with 100% certainty.

Can I upgrade the PS4 unlocked?
Retailers say yes, that updates do not affect the release.

Finally, from Cap. Arcanjohack on understanding how the Raspberry Pi method to enter the PS4 games, roughly translated:

Understand How the Raspberry Method to Enter the PS4 Games

Hello friends, I try to be as simple as possible for you guys to understand

The hack is real, and is not a jailbreak, but a real shift, Brazilian hackers are using a very simple technique and old discovered by our friend Sonic (the Portuga) from the MSX, just EEPROM is rewritten, the quiet way and simple to say GO.

They need not decrypt anything. When Sony tried to ensure the safety PS4 forgot Hardlock inside the CPU, the actual hashcode for BIOS is the intention of not allowing bios be replaced or rewritten, so how they are doing?

The hackers are doing is just run a software within the PS4 using raspberry. So the PS4 game adds information within the rom!

So they just need to fill the HD with original games and run the roms bios, so the ROM / GAME will match and so will run on the console.

Remember that ROM can run a SOFTWARE FOREVER installed on it, so all games are ORIGINALS. In other words this is a hack ASM code to bypass monitoring ROM / BIOS to read using a PI, YES SIMPLE WAY AS Brazilian.

But the way BRAZILIAN is possible, SIMPLE AND WORK! PI is only to allow the blink / rewriting / ontimeflash / BIOS and simulation.

Summary

At first you need 2 PS4:

1 - Buy one or more games on PSN and download the PS4 Home
2 - Connect the secondary PS4 on PSN, put your primary account of the PS4 Main activate secondary PS4 and download the game
3 - Dump the NOR Flash secondary PS4 as the tools (Teensy ++) or Pi (let's call it a dump from now ActivatedDMP)
4 - Taking a boot in the secondary PS4, Connect to PSN and disable Console
5 - Make ActivatedDMP back to the NOR in secondary PS4

Profit, the process can now be repeated in any other PS4 without reaching the limit of "three maximum consoles".

:arrow: Finally, another PS4 JailBreaking FAQ is below from hakikou21 for those interested:

Some news from Portugal - Rough translation: [PS4] FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions about the release of the PS4

As there are many doubts about the release of the PlayStation 4, I prepared a FAQ on the subject. Let them:

Q: some chip / software is installed on the console?
A: There is a process that moves in hardware but the console is 100% original.

Q: My console is still under warranty, it will be lost?
A: Yes. As the process involves hardware, you need to open the device, violating the warranty.

Q: Can I play online?
A: Yes, usually with your PSN Plus account.

Q: I myself can install "alternative" games / downloaded from the Internet?
A:. There needs to be done using the process of unlocking.

Q: Are there games of P$4 Alternative disk (bluray)?
A: All available games are digital, not physical media.

Q: Can I make use of additional content (DLC)?
A: Yes, normally. Remembering only that many DLCs are paid.

Q: Do I lose my saves and games already installed in the console HDD?
A: Yes. You need to make a prior backup saves in the USB stick or in the cloud. The games downloaded via PSN will need new download and disk games need to be installed again. The HDD is formatted in the process.

Q: This scheme is that of using a shared primary / secondary account on the console?
A: The process approach it enough but it is more complex than simply sharing in yes.

Q: Based on the previous question, I will have extra accounts installed on my console?
A: Yes and have blocked access.

Q: $ony can block this process?
A: It already has knowledge of the process for a long time and never did anything. If it is a possibility remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back