Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 24, 2016 at 7:05 PM       14      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 modder eXtreme shared news of a PS4 Custom Home Menu Mod proof-of-concept and PS4 XMB Hack by Senaxx.

emn4IH.jpgBelow are some brief details alongside a video demo and additional screenshots from fx0day and eXtreme, to quote: "Maybe you have saw on twitter that Senaxx posted a screenshot of the first custom home menu on the ps4. for me it's the most interesting progress for end users.

20160424214329.jpgHe found a database and was able to edit the file. It would be great if someone can share more information about the method that others can edit the home menu too and search for more ui mods."

Below is one more video by eXtreme demonstrating his PS4 UI Mod 0.05 Alpha:
CffBExzWcAITvBw.jpg large.jpg

CfcAn0eUYAATFIg.jpg large.jpg

PS4 UI Mod 0.05 Alpha.jpg

PS4 UI Mod 0.05 Alpha 2.jpg

PS4 UI Mod 0.05 Alpha 3.jpg

Comments

These twitter users just look for attention and fame.

We should wait for news from real cool men which keep silence for now. And than donate them as much as we can or buy their devices (if they will make it for ps4)

This guy (Joao Paulo Tavares) is an annoying guy. Every time when we have some progress on scene (ps4), this guy appear and beg for the "jailbreak"

"Please, release the jailbreak" "When the jailbreak will come?" "I want ps4 jailbreak" "I want the CFW, please"

Damn, looks like a child asking for something that your dad not want give.

Many people is awaiting the cfw but this guy need to have patience. Not is something easy to do. If he want something fast, why he not learn or study about this topic and release for everyone.

Sorry guys about this but I'm tired about this guy. And if you not payed attention yet, wait until that appear something new. This guy will appear on twitter begging for "the jailbreak" (like he say).

And about the topic, is a good news. Always is good to see new things on ps4 scene (=

Updating 1 line in this table (icone of one installed pkg) is not amazing.
Adding 1 line may be more interesting.

Did they tried to move one installed .pkg on HD from 1 PS4 to another ?
We can't see the other fields of that table, there must be interesting key encryption fields.

So it uses an unencrypted SQL based app.db file which can easily have records modified. Same idea as the Vita then, that’s pretty easy to inject new icons to or change existing ones as you see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back