Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 5, 2018 at 9:35 AM       133      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the 4th of July holiday PlayStation 4 developer @flatz shared a 5.01 shellcore patch on Twitter allowing the PS4 FPKG installer to work with an external hard drive without any CE-41798-9 error codes, and shortly following zecoxao shared the related patch offsets for 4.55 and 5.05 OFW versions allowing @XVortex via Twitter to update the PS4 Homebrew Enabler PS4 HEN VTX for 5.05 Firmware with PS4 Exploit Host author @Al Azif on Twitter also updating his DNS HEN 1.7 and Mod Menus. :love:

PlayStation 4 developer @stooged also shared some holiday updates with everyone in the form of PS4_Serve3 v2.0 and Cache Install v9 which add PS4HEN 1.7 allowing games to be installed to a PS4-formatted external HDD now alongside @pearlxcore who announced on Twitter that he's also updated his PlayStation exploit page at Pearlxcore.net as well as PS4.Editzz.net by EdiTzZ and a v1.7 update by Codsworth. (y)

Below are several PlayStation 4 external HDD articles since support was added in PS4 OFW 4.50 with some related Tweets, as follows:
JAILBREAK PS4 5.05 HOW TO INSTALL FPKG TO EXTENDED STORAGE
Content of extended Storage from PS4 6.xx can be read on PS4 5.05:
  • Start hen v2.1
  • Connect your USB drive
  • At update message select later
  • Go to Debug Settings \ External HDD \ Format version
  • Replace 06000000 by 045000000
  • Go back to Settings \ Devices \ Usb drive \ and select your USB drive
  • Click on "use as extended Storage"
  • Go back to XMB and let the system check all the disk (could be long depending of data size)
You can start game if you have license on your PS4 5.05
I forgot to say that games requiring 6.xx will not work on your 5.05 with this method :)

PS4 External HDD Patch by Flatz and HEN 5.05 Updates by XVortex.jpg

Comments

Perfect timing as my panic attack yesterday led to my 4tb library gone. (Didn’t back my .db up) so have to start over again.
Want to say thanx to the crew for updating all the toys lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back