Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter lil0uuu       84      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions:

1/Does anyone know the size limit that the ps4 can read. I had read that the PS4 can read up to an 8tb (Once you’re updated to firmware 4.50 or above, your PS4 will be able to support USB 3.0 external hard drives of up to 8TB in size)? Just curious if anyone has one that size and is using it?

2/So I have an 8tb seagate external HD formatted to Exfat and started collecting all my HEN Packages etc over the last month. And then I read on this post ....that the external HD along with being formatted to Exfat ALSO has to be MBR (and of course by default mine is GBT) so my question is can ----MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition 10.2.1---- for example be used to switch the GBT to MBR WITHOUT data loss (yes they claim it can)...BUT i just wanted to find out if anyone has actually done it?

WHY?? because I hate to have to move 3TB of packages to another drive before doing this and then moving them all back ----will take agesssss lol Just curious if anyone has done this process

just read that MBR only supports 2TB partions with a max of three primary and 1 secondary - sounds kinda dumb. Might as well go buy a 128GB usb 3.0 flash drive for $50 and just use that to transfer the games instead

i bought i external hdd 8tb
Seagate Expansion 8TB
STEB8000100
2 questions
is true the ps4 has to be on fir 4.50 in order to run the hdd?
can i use the external hdd 8tb to install and play my packages games fro there?
or has to be installed in the ps4 internal hdd in order to work

You can use your external only as storage and source for installing pks from in onto the internal hard disc.

Installed games on external HDD and to play it from this source is only possible with OFW 4.50 and newer.

So you have to install the pkg to your internal HDD to play them (as far as you stay on 4.05 ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back