Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter lil0uuu       84      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but i watch this youtube video and this guy want to upgrade the ps4 hdd. First he replace the hdd after that he put the ps4 in the safe mode, download the fw to a usb stick and begin to install the update.

@Rusu
Yes, you need 4.05 firmware ready make upgrade with new blank system diskette after. But not possible make new diskette on >4.05 console, then make reinstall with 4.05. Flash already ruined for homebrew with too new firmware, not possible to revert (possibly eventually, but in this day, no)

Point is, on what firmware you are with curent hard drive, after replacing drive, you will be on same firmware, or you can update to newer.

You cannot download some random firmware version, replace drive and than be on that fw version, you need the same of newer.

Maybe one day we'll have flasher, but if we have that level of acess to downgrade firmware, we'll probaby dont need it anyway, so my guess is that there will be no downgrade option in near future

Hi everyone, I Have just received my PS4 this morning and i'm actually on 3.11 firmware so I tried top update using an Internal HDD connect to a USB dock. My HDD is set to MBR with Fat32 and partition made as active but PS4 can't find my drive? is there anyone with the same problem or with a solution?THanks all !

@Vikail There are no other hidden partitions on the drive?

X:\PS4\Update\PS4UPDATE.PUP

is the structure?

You can also try formatting with a 4K block size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back