Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter lil0uuu       84      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Connect disk to pc and goto my computer, manage, disk managment, maybe there's some hidden partition. Or kill every partiton on that disk, then reformat to exfat

I have a 2.5" disk that I used together with a USB HDD dock (with external power supply) without any issues, could install PKGs from it, detected no problem.

Then I got myself an HDD drive enclosure (StarTech S251BU31REM), put the disk in it and loaded it with PKGs from my PC. All via USB 3.1. Then once connected to the PS4 it is undetected! The power LEDs are on so it gets some kind of power, but maybe not enough?

I have tested setting it to MBR and making sure there are no extra partition, as well as setting it as the active partition. But the disk worked with another USB dock so the problem shouldnt be on that level.

Maybe the front USB ports of the PS4 are not outputting enough power? I have tested both ports.

Ok I just want to clarify.. for

1 - I have a 5tb internal drive in my ps4. Works great a lil snug but still great. So 2tb is not the biggest 1 you can find if you look hard enough.

2 - 100 percent when you plug in a external drive formatted to exfat the ps4 will say cannot use usb storage device...YET NO WORRIES. When you activate hen and go to pkg installer it will still see the drive and all your packages. Im using a 5tb external to install my pkgs.

3 - (THIS IS A QUESTION) I bought another 5tb external hoping I can use it as extended storage and copy all my installed games to the external. I assume this has not been accessible yet??? No way to use external storage at all on 4.05. I could have sworn we could use an external storage. Why would the ps4 say we can or cant use 1 if the option to actually use 1 was not available??

4 - I went 1 step extra and connected a USB storage device to my UPDATED ps4 pro. Formatted the extended to storage to ...well extended storage. Shut off updated ps4 pro and Inserted USB hard drive to 4.05 ps4. Same result, cannot use usb storage. SO THAT DIDN'T WORK....DAMN.

@babyjoe00069
I'm not sure I understand exactly what your intent is, but in all cases it was already known that it is not possible to use an external hdd as an extended memory on a ps4 with ofw 4.05, however, this is only possible if you use the Extreme method by editing the app.db file

@dpderr
I swear that when I started to writing your post did not appear to me, otherwise I would not have written ;)

Had an issue with 1tb WD last night. Changed MBR to GPT, then back again, no luck with either. Checked for hidden partitions, there was none. Formatted to exfat with windows formatter, worked perfectly.

Can the ps4 firmware be downgrade? this week i search in my area a ps4 with 4.05 but i can't find one, if I buy a new one and format the hdd and download 4.05 fw it is possible?

Spoiler

Sorry for my english.

Possible maybe, in theory, everything is possible.

Can you do it? Absolutely no.

Firmware is not on hdd, so in theory, you need flasher, you need keys, you need a lot of stuff, wich you dont have. Not really sure, but i think for the moment, nobody can downgrade ps4. Correct me if i'm wrong.

All u can do is wait for newer fw exploit, or look harder and try to find <4.05 console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back