Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter lil0uuu       84      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.... I just recently set up a ps4 4.05 but I can't get my external HDD to work with my ps4. Everything is working fine because I installed PT through a USB and it worked.

However, I have tested 2 different external HDD's and they don't seem to work or know that there are packages on the root of the device. I have formatted in exfat and I even seen a suggestion to change the format from GPT to MBR which i have done thinking it would be the solution but still I can't get my ps4 to recognize that there is a device connected...

There is an option in the debug menu that says external HDD and it says support is switched to off but when i try switching it to on i just get this error code straight away...

Can anyone help me with this issue? I would really appreciate it....

Thanks guys :)

I was wondering if anyone could help me.... I just recently set up a ps4 4.05 but I can't get my external HDD to work with my ps4. Everything is working fine because I installed PT through a USB and it worked.

However, I have tested 2 different external HDD's and they don't seem to work or know that there are packages on the root of the device. I have formatted in exfat and I even seen a suggestion to change the format from GPT to MBR which i have done thinking it would be the solution but still I can't get my ps4 to recognize that there is a device connected...

There is an option in the debug menu that says external HDD and it says support is switched to off but when i try switching it to on i just get this error code straight away...

Can anyone help me with this issue? I would really appreciate it....
man, i had the same problem. enable hdd external in debug settings throws an error code when trying to switch that on.

Well I figured it out in the end :p

First I had to convert my drives to MBR but I dont think that was the main issue. my issue was I had several partitions on my hard drive. some ex fat, some ntfs and hell even 1 was htfs. I guess the ps4 was confused trying to read the drive and couldn't locate the exfat part of the drive? I'm not sure but for whatever reason, once i made 1 single partition of exfat then the pkgs showed up on my ps4 :) Hope this helps :)

I had the same issue, to make it recognized by the PS4, HDD have to be formatted in ExtFAT with MBR, otherwise it won't work

Hi guys, I had the same problem, many times some hard drives has a rescue or save partition which is hidden, you could see that in disk management tools. In my case was an EFI partition and I could not see my hard rive in the PS4 no matter what I did. As soon as I managed to delete the partition the problem was solved. Use a partition manager program, there are some for free or free trials.

well, i did not have this problem. currently i am running 3 partitioned drive on my 1.5 TB Seagate HDD with 2-NTFS and 1-ExFAT for PS4. to make it available for PS4 to read you need to make it as "active partition" unless it will only detect NTFS also partition should be MBR not GPT.

I tried also HDD External In Debug Mode, same error, and in ps4wiki there isn't any documentation about that.

I guess that is an option that doesn't works, infact since 4.50 OFW, can be possible expand your internal storage with an usb external hdd.

For now, the best option is:

Upgrade internal hdd with a 2tb (max storage supported)

Or put your pkg in a usb hdd and edit your db, but i didn't link this way, i prefer leave db in peace, to exclude any problems.

Only a little problem exist, eventually: If you upgrade now with 4.05 your internal hdd, anyway you can't log into psn, so you have a console without a psn user.

In the future, if isn't possible go online, and you need to activate a license for a pkg, like in ps3, without a psn user, you can't apply any license, but maybe is too early for that.

Not sure why so many people keep repeating that it has to be MBR when GPT works fine. The problem usually is that a lot of these external drives come with an extra hidden partition that needs to be deleted first.

I recommend MiniTool Partition Wizard free. It's one of the first apps I put on a fresh Windows installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back