Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter lil0uuu       84      
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2TB is not a real limit it's just the maximum 9.5mm drive available. Obviously you can use much bigger 3.5" drives if you mod or get a Nyko Data Bank.

I just read through these posts, and there is conflicting information.

From what I gather, external USB 3.0 HDDs will work with GPT. Can there be multiple partitions on the drive as long as the one used for the PS4 is marked active (I assume it needs to be the first partition on the drive)? I want to use some of my 8TB USB 3.0 HDD to store files in Windows.

Also, from what I read, it is currently not possible to PLAY pkg games directly from an external USB 3.0 HDD, but we can install them from there as long as the partition is exFAT.

Is all of this correct?

The 2TB is not a real limit it's just the maximum 9.5mm drive available. Obviously you can use much bigger 3.5" drives if you mod or get a Nyko Data Bank.
Or mod self, this design interest to make here. Self psu, reduce load ps4 psu, extra 3,5 already live here. Extra cool better reliability.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1720047

Dagw, not sure first, we use one partition exfat on 3tb, second query true, 4.05 firmware no sys external store, this come later firmware. Debug menu see usb exfat and load .pkg from exfat usb but sys remain live internal drive for 4.05.

Hi ! I have this issue.. I can't enable External HDD in Debug settings. The hdd is new, ExFat , only PKG files on it, one partition, 4TB size. Even if I plug in a Stick i get the same error when trying to enable external HDD. Help please...

@subcon959 Post #30 You did it!! You´re absolutely right! Windows didn´t detect a hidden partition (only 128MB on a 4TB disk), but with your tool I was able to detect and to delete it. Now the external HDD is running well and I´m able to install PKGs from it

Hi ! I have this issue.. I can't enable External HDD in Debug settings. The hdd is new, ExFat , only PKG files on it, one partition, 4TB size. Even if I plug in a Stick i get the same error when trying to enable external HDD. Help please...

What do you mean enable external HDD? You dont need to enable anything in the debug settings. Just plug the drive in and have it formatted/configured as this thread suggests.

Yes, setings is off, i think there's no need to mess with setings, just plug your drive into ps, run hen, install pkg's. Work with no adjustments, i have old 60gb ssd in hdd usb 2.0 enclosure, it's slow but working like charm.

Exfat, with no reserved partitons (usualy left from windows)

did that.. tried different HDDs all ExFat.. it doesn't see any of my PKGs.. :(

Got it lads ! bookin hidden partition... don't know how that happened... but happy days !!!! Cheers lads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back