Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter schwang       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwang

Contributor
Verified
I'm having a weird issue with my external storage HD crashing randomly, causing my PS4 to shut off, then I have to jailbreak it again. I've been installing games on it and when I launch them to make sure they work, then exit out using the PS4 button, I launch another game (which closes the previous game), sometimes (not always) the HD crashes as mentioned above.

Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else got this? I can't remember for sure, but I don't think it has crashed during a game that I've been playing for a longer period. It's a WD Easystore 8GB drive.

Solution
Hello from personal experience i had a lot more issues and panic crashes using the ps4 external storage thing, I find app2usb much more stable even when just running the exploit. The biggest advantage of app2usp is the ps4 doesn't repair or scan the drive after a crash.
Hello from personal experience i had a lot more issues and panic crashes using the ps4 external storage thing, I find app2usb much more stable even when just running the exploit. The biggest advantage of app2usp is the ps4 doesn't repair or scan the drive after a crash.

Solution
I don't even have instability running Linux from an external drive with a 2.5" HDD caddy with an SSD installed, though i have had issues when the cable linking a drive and a device hasn't been of good quality, worn connector or port etc, have you checked that?

Have you also attached them to a PC and ran some diagnostic software? CrystalDiskInfo or Victoria will be helpful for you there! I installed a large SSD to my Pro so i don't have to use external drives for games (the external SSD is only 256GB) which is probably overkill (2TB) lol

Feel free to get a readout from the aforementioned software and post it here if you're unsure!

So, I'm just wondering what the best method for an external hard drive would be? Letting the PS4 format it, or using the app2usb method? What's more stable? (as I mentioned, I do get crashes occaisionally for whatever reason.)

Using a WD easystore 8TB currently. Is there a better brand anyone can recommend? I'd love to go with SSD, but an 8TB ssd is just ridiculously expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back