Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, following my guide on Unity for all of you interested in a File Manager for PS4 HEN 4.55 this is a PoC (Proof-of-Concept).

I was adapting to PS4 one of my old projects. It works with joystick and track. Here is the PKG for all of you interested on testing.

Download: ED1634-NPXX51363_00-0000000000000000-A0100-V0100.pkg (111 MB) / MediaPlayer_FileManager.rar (87.1 MB - Source Code) by RetroGamer74

And I hope to release the full project in a couple of hours to give everybody the choice to improve it and contribute to the scene.

Here is a video.

Best regards.
From Pastebin:
Code:
    function ls(path)
    {
      var sep = "/"
      if (path[path.length-1]=="/") sep = "";

var fd = p.syscall("sys_open", p.sptr(path), 0x1100004).low;
      if (fd == (-1 >>> 0))
      {
        print("open("+path+"): -1");
        return;
      }

if (path.endsWith("sprx"))
      {
        var buffer32 = new Uint32Array(0x9000);
        var buffer = p.read8(p.leakval(buffer32).add32(0x10));
        while(ret = p.syscall("sys_read", fd, buffer, 0x9000).low > 0)
        {
          //alert(ret);
          alert(p.readStringLen(buffer.add32(0x20), 0x9000));
        }
      }
      print("Directory listing for " +path+":<br/>");
      var total = p.syscall("sys_getdents", fd, lsscrtch, 0x1000).low;
      if (total == (-1 >>> 0))
      {
        print("getdents("+path+"): -1");
        return;
      }

var offset = 0;
      while (offset < total)
      {
        var cur = lsscrtch.add32(offset);
        var reclen = p.read4(cur.add32(4)) & 0xFFFF;
        var filepath = path + sep + p.readString(cur.add32(8));
        print("<a href=javascript:window.ls('" + filepath + "');>" + filepath + "</a><br/>");
        offset += reclen;
        if(!reclen) break;
      }
      p.syscall("sys_close", fd);
    }
Github: https://github.com/Thunder07/PS4-4.55-Kernel-Exploit/tree/501_filebrowser
PS4 True Proper LibHomebrew with Jailbreak
PS4 File Manager (PoC) Keyboard and Track Support by RetroGamer74.jpg

Comments

Great job again @RetroGamer74
I think that BIG BOYS on this scene has some problems about other people try to do some furthers steps in this stucked scene.
But OK...
If you BIG SCENERS could do more about .. Go ahead I show something...
Talk talk and more talk but nothing public .. What you need 1billion dollars to release beta version of multiman? Or spoof for games?

Great job SMALL sceners :closedeyetongue:

Well. I'm perfectly aware about limitations of running any app from homescreen instead as a payload in terms of permissions. But there are many things you can do. For example I'm working in a Gameboy emulator, and I will show the file manager to the user to make possible to select the rom game file. I think you can do many things as homebrew.

Because as I understand, homebrew is what you can do which is not part of the original product. And that could be many things. It looks that only several kind of apps can be considered homebrew. But that homebrew, as I understand, is already done as payload. Let's going to do different things, where you can enjoy your PS4.

So, apart from this words, here is the full source code package. I built this project using Unity 2017.2.0f3 which is one of the releases leaked, capable to build for 4.55. But the latest leaked for this version is 2017.2.2p2 I guess. Anyway if you own the latest one, when you open the project it will show a popup saying the project has to be updated. That's ok. Do it.

This file manager is part of an old interface I used several years ago. I adapted to work with PS4 even invoking Command Dialog as IME, which is the keyboard, and retrieving the resultant Dialog Execution, to get the characters written in the dialog, and send it to the Text component in the app. So in this way the circle is complete.

It works as a callback, (Delegated Method), and we have to put this in an OnGUI method which is run double as Update methods. I hope you understand this. Anyway take a look to the code, and I hope the community can reuse some code snippets to develop more apps to enjoy our PS4.

MediaPlayer_FileManager.rar

Cheers.

@RetroGamer74: AFAIK, the latest leaked version for 4.55 is 2017.2.2p3 and i suppose that's the latest one for 4.55.

In any way, I want to take the opportunity to say big thank you for all your contributions to the community!

yo retrogamer lol i just booted it up but a counter keeps going up and up in the bottom right and uh it doesn't seem to stop is this because i have 5tb collection? Also can this play video files?

Big up scene massive! great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back