Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

resonantace

Contributor
Verified
So I am trying to dump my personal collection of games from disc, just incase. It worked perfectly before dumping but I'm sure the Update FPKG is messed up at the moment. The official patch file and the dump (CUSA patch) are 7.06 GB but the FPKG file for the patch is only 6.04GB.

I used gengp4 to make the gp4 and then orbis-pub-gen to make the FPKG. This is the first time this has been an issue, is there any setting in gp4 or orbis-gen that would cause/fix this?

I tried dumping the game three times, and each of the times, the app and patch folders were identical. (To clarify, I checked the sha-256 hashes for all the files in the 3 copies of the app dump and the 3 copies of the patch dump and each time they were perfectly identical dumps.)

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say that it causes error ce-34878-0 when launching the game.

Solution
It was Attack on Titan 2, and I tried it with both the command line and GUI, and same error. What I then tried was I clicked "Delete Redundant Files" and it worked after that, and the size barely changed. If that's the case, it seems some type of shrinkage that the GUI did caused the game to be messed up, but it was from a redundant file that was getting corrupt? Not quite sure but it is working now
What games are you doing ? The gui version of orbis-pub-gen works well with games released before 2019, for games released after it use the cmd version of orbis-pub-gen it should work fine.

It was Attack on Titan 2, and I tried it with both the command line and GUI, and same error. What I then tried was I clicked "Delete Redundant Files" and it worked after that, and the size barely changed. If that's the case, it seems some type of shrinkage that the GUI did caused the game to be messed up, but it was from a redundant file that was getting corrupt? Not quite sure but it is working now

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back