Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter CnCore       27      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the previous release, today Sony updated their PlayStation 4 System Software to PS4 Firmware Update 4.01 with details below.

Download: PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (JP)

PS4 System Software Update 4.01 via Sony's Official Website:

Main features in system software update 4.01

New for 4.01
  • The voice chat feature in parties has been improved for some circumstances.
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
As always if you're on a lower PlayStation 4 Firmware version it's not advisable to update if you're interested in the PS4 Playground for 3.55 or jailbreaking your PS4, running homebrew and PlayStation 4 backup games when such an exploit arrives.

From the PSXHAX Shoutbox comes confirmation by WhiteOverfl0w of PSProxy being patched in 4.01 OFW:
Spoiler
Also be aware RedEyeX32 tweeted he's looking into getting his PSProxy PS4 Update Bypasser working again! :D
Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS for sharing the tweet in the Shoutbox!
PS4 Firmware Update 4.01.jpg

PS4 - the most stable thing in the universe. :)

My ps4 is sitting in box with 3.15 and maybe I'll sell as is because no exclusives and jailbreak. Useless device.

Why don't update and stay on that lower Firmware? Is there some news about JB or CFW?
There is a Playground for 3.55 and lower so the possibility that there will be a JB for 3.55 and lower is higher. It´s only a Tipp to stay on a lower FW.

I will buy a second PS4 (a Slim) for normal playing (Mafia 3, BF1)
And my FAT 3.55 lady will wait in the Box.

I got a SLIM too lol. My fat female dog is in a box with 3.55... At least I can play the Slim then sell it later and a free Uncharted 4 helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back