Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter zerocoolb       1      
Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocoolb

Contributor
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has any expeirence in ps4 nor corruption. According to the client, it was in the middle of an update and the power went out, I'm guessing the kid disconnected it during the update. After that, power button doesn't work, and eject button beeps once. No lights or anything else.

When verifying the NOR in BwE Validator, there are a lot of "dangers" around CID sections, being mostly zeros, the thing that catches my attention is that the "CID Dynamic Section 4", which is per console, is all zeros. So I am guessing that means I'm out of luck right?

I tried filling all of the zero filled sections around the CID section with the contetns form a know working one (same ps4 model but way lower firmware since it was decommissioned years ago). Now the power button gives a blue light for 2 seconds and shuts off. I am guessing that this CID section updates with every update, thats why it is all zeros now.

And I can't use this donor nor since it would be essentially downgrading the console. I don't want to keep trying if the dynamic section 4 is not recoverable. I was hoping that in a long shot, if it could boot and apply the latest update, that the console would fill that section in. Any ideas on that?

Thank in advance.

Solution
in my experience id say its pretty borked. the only hope would be to somehow reflash your edited nor image, but without knowing all the original info, id imagine itd be much like shooting in the dark, theres a chance your gonna hit something, but it is much more likely your going to miss.

i would imagine that using the old fw donor nor image would brick, if you updated that ps4 to whatever your project console was on, you might be able to use that as a donor nor, insert cids, etc, and flash it over, there's a slim chance it would work. but much greater chance that its gonna brick.
in my experience id say its pretty borked. the only hope would be to somehow reflash your edited nor image, but without knowing all the original info, id imagine itd be much like shooting in the dark, theres a chance your gonna hit something, but it is much more likely your going to miss.

i would imagine that using the old fw donor nor image would brick, if you updated that ps4 to whatever your project console was on, you might be able to use that as a donor nor, insert cids, etc, and flash it over, there's a slim chance it would work. but much greater chance that its gonna brick.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back