Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 21, 2024 at 4:34 PM       13      
Since his previous updates, PS4 Scene developer Hippie68 added some new PlayStation 4 homebrew applications to his Github Repository including a PS4 PKG Compatibility Checker providing checksums indicating whether PS4 Game and Update PKG Files are compatible with each other (married) with an MSUM command-line version alongside a cross-platform (MacOS, Linux & Windows) PS4 PKG Manager for handling large collections of PS4 PKG Files. (y)

Download: ps4-pkg-compatibility-checker.jar / PS4 PKG Compatibility Checker GIT / msum.exe / msum_32.exe / MSUM GIT / PS4 PKG Manager (pkg_manager_linux-arm.jar, pkg_manager_linux.jar, pkg_manager_macos-arm.jar, pkg_manager_macos.jar, pkg_manager_windows.jar) / PS4 PKG Manager GIT

From the PS4 PKG Compatibility Checker README.md: PS4 PKG Compatibility Checker

Graphical user interface with drag and drop functionality. Prints checksums that indicate whether PS4 game and update PKG files are compatible with each other ("married").

For a command line version, look here: msum.

How to use

PKG files can be added via drag and drop or "File - Add...". Their checksums appear automatically.If checksums match, the PKG files are compatible with each other ("married"). The program can also be run on partially downloaded files.

This is a Java program which requires a Java runtime environment (JRE), at least version 17-LTS.

For Windows and Mac OS, the following LTS packages are recommended:
If you want to be able to start the .jar file with a mouse click, make sure to download the installer (not the .zip file) and have "Associate .jar" selected during the installation process.

From the MSUM README.md: MSUM
Code:
Usage: msum [OPTIONS] FILE|DIRECTORY [FILE|DIRECTORY ...]

This program takes PS4 game and update PKG files and prints checksums.
If checksums match, the PKG files are compatible with each other ("married").
The program can also be run on partially downloaded files.

Options:
  -h, --help       Print help information and quit.
  -r, --recursive  Traverse subdirectories recursively.
  -v, --version    Print the current program version and quit.
Sample output:
Code:
$ msum .
A755791CA4BD8D2AE7128B6FB704C50ADA93CA459EBEE8DCCFC07502822A9485 UP9000-CUSA28561_00-FORBIDDENWESTPS4-A0100-V0100.pkg
A755791CA4BD8D2AE7128B6FB704C50ADA93CA459EBEE8DCCFC07502822A9485 UP9000-CUSA28561_00-FORBIDDENWESTPS4-A0118-V0100.pkg
For a graphical user interface version with drag and drop support, look here: PS4 PKG Compatibility Checker.

And from the PS4 PKG Manager README.md: PS4 PKG Manager

This is an application, primarily made for Linux and macOS, to manage PS4 PKG files by storing their metadata in a database. This means that, once scanned, the PKG collection can be viewed without requiring physical access to the PKG files.

The user can select list items and operate on them via a context menu. The context menu can be extended with custom commands ("Custom Actions"), to integrate 3rd party tools that accept command line arguments.

The application is not finished yet, but it is already in a usable state. Don't let the unfinished state discourage you from trying it out: there is no functionality included to move, change, or delete PKG files.

I'm putting it online now as a beta version because as the project is becoming more complex I believe it could greatly profit from bug reports, different opinions/ideas, and from code contributions. Ideally, it becomes a community project with multiple collaborators.

Some functions in more detail

PKG Properties

The properties window contains several tabs that display more detailed information about the PKG. It can be opened from the context menu or by double-clicking a list item.

Custom Actions

The PS4 scene has created quite a few tools that operate on PKG files, so that's where Custom Actions come in. They extend the context menu so that external tools can be run on the current PKG selection.

Custom Actions can be modified without having to run PKG Manager. They are stored in the text file "actions.txt", whose exact location you can find by opening the application menu's "About" dialog. The first '|' character delimits name and command.

Tabs

Manage different PKG lists for different purposes.

Synchronized Directories

Found by pressing the "Table Settings" button, this feature monitors the listed directories for PKG files and will add them to the table as soon as they're created, modified, or deleted. If a directory's checkbox is selected, the directory will have all its subdirectories monitored as well.

How to run

This is a Java application (a .jar file) that requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE), at least version 17 LTS. You do NOT need a Java Development Kit (JDK). Linux distributions should offer a JRE in the form of "openjdk" JRE packages. If you are using a different operating system and don't already have a JRE installed, I recommend the following one: Eclipse Temurin.

If you want to be able to start the .jar file with a mouse click, make sure to download the installer (not the .zip or .tar.gz file) and have "Associate .jar" selected during the installation process.

Contributors wanted!

I would like to make this project a community project where everyone can participate in. You want to write a useful Java class? Let me know and I will add you to the list of collaborators.

To compile the project, have a look at the file "build.sh". If it is necessary, we could try to change it from Bash to sh. You should be able to set up the project in your favorite Java IDE. The only dependency is SWT: eclipse.org/swt/.

The project is in dire need of a maintainer for macOS. I don't have a Mac, so I don't know if the program in its current state works well and looks good on macOS. If you want to help or to become a maintainer, that would be much appreciated!

Regarding the current code: Basically I am using this project to learn Java. It is my first Java program (an upgrade so to speak from PS4 PKG Compatibility Checker), so bear with me if, to put it mildly, large parts of the code are not idiomatic yet.
PS4 PKG Compatibility Checker, MSUM & PS4 PKG Manager by Hippie68.png

Comments

nice lol, but people are lazy lol they always discover that files don't match on installation error šŸ˜‚

cool tool to add to the fpkg arsenal, i personally don't handle too many fpkgs and updates for those fpkgs. most fpkgs i handle are ones you've created/made modifications to the files or otherwise. however i do applaud the effort that went into this

Back