Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter VladPC       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

VladPC

Contributor
Verified
Hello everybody I have a PlayStation 4 Pro which I bought 1 year ago. Initially was on 5.05 system software and I updated it to 6.72. Jailbreak works like a charm, no problem.

I played some games and now I want to initialize the whole HDD but I don't want to lose my save game data.

What's the procedure for formatting the whole HDD. Do you recommend formatting and reinstalling the system software? Also how do I backup my saved games in order not to have problems restoring them after i do the initialization.

Should i use FTP to backup the saves or just launch the HomeBrew backup and restore app?

Solution
Don't reformat unless you are happy to lose all, there are scripts etc that may restore game saves etc. However either reformat and be prepared to lose all or leave alone. I back up my database occasionally but would only attempt it in the case of a reinstall that i don't want to do it.

Ive done the reformat before but lost all my external drive games after using app2usb to store them on external drive. There are scripts to do what you ask but I'd leave alone unless its a necessity.
If it ain't broke don't attempt to fix. If you want to delete games just go into the library and delete them. Games will be gone and you will still have the game saves.

Others may have another opinion but I'd stay clear of initializing the HDD. I have done the initializing 3 times... and the headache after the fact... not worth it (imo).

Don't reformat unless you are happy to lose all, there are scripts etc that may restore game saves etc. However either reformat and be prepared to lose all or leave alone. I back up my database occasionally but would only attempt it in the case of a reinstall that i don't want to do it.

Ive done the reformat before but lost all my external drive games after using app2usb to store them on external drive. There are scripts to do what you ask but I'd leave alone unless its a necessity.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back